• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Poll: pick one of 1 and 2, and one of 3 and 4
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes run it
44.00%
11 44.00%
No, scrap it
12.00%
3 12.00%
award points
4.00%
1 4.00%
award a medal
40.00%
10 40.00%
Total 25 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Ladder competition
09-21-2009, 06:20 AM,
RE: Ladder competition
Low Bidder,

LOL, I really liked your pony. Big Grin

In fact I was going to have a little flutter and put all my money on your pony.

But it doesn't sound like your horse is going to run.
It was pretty though...

Violin
Quote this message in a reply
09-21-2009, 01:02 PM,
Why not leave things as they are?
09-21-2009, 01:40 PM,
Why come down out of the trees? Trees are safe with things to eat and things to drop on all those nasty things on the ground.
Of course, if you stay in the tree, you can't ride the pretty pony with the bright ribbons that prances so spritly.
Change isn't always progress but progress is always change. You have to risk change to make progress.
Now if this would be progress is a matter of opinion. I personally don't have an opinion, having only 1 game on the ladder. I average about 5 finished games per week when I can keep 10 players busy. So 300 games is about 60 weeks. 15 months, give or take a long holiday. I suspect by then I'll have an opinion.
I'm just trying to be helpful. If I missed that target, then nobody is any worse off then if I had never tried.
Except maybe the pony, who is begging to be ridden.
09-21-2009, 09:46 PM,
The basis of all ladders at the Blitz has always been that playing is more important than winning. For that reason, our ladders are set up to reward people who play often, as opposed to play well. Now, truthfully, if you are a very good player, you do not have to play as often to keep near the top, since playing well awards more points per game; but on any given ladder you are likely to see players near the top of the ladder who have played a LOT. Again, for us, playing is held in higher esteem than just being good.

So, just to recap some of the things that have been said here (in case there are any misconceptions):

1) The overall club ladder (the one that melds all players from all ladders) will be getting scrapped when the new site is launched.

2) The overall SP ladder, started in 1999 and running through today, will never be eliminated as long as the Club exists. That's the SP community roster as a whole and if you want to reach the top, plan on investing a long time in playing.

3) When the new site is launched it will be a software change, not a new server. The new sever was already launched in the beginning of this year and we do not anticipate additional hardware changes for some time.

4) The new site software will retain the overall ladders for each ladder community, e.g. one for SP; but in addition to the view currently available (you can sort the ladder by games played, winning percentage, ELO, etc etc) you will be able to sort the ladders by calendar year. That sort will allow you to determine who was "best of 2008" for example, and Ladder Commanders can, at their discretion, issue awards and/or medals for best player of the year based on whatever criteria they choose (they run their ladders after all).

Hope that clears up things.

Good Gaming;

Paul
09-21-2009, 10:14 PM,
Crystal clear, I can even see through the pony hopping around the place :)
Vesku

[Image: Medals50_thumb8.gif]
09-22-2009, 06:16 AM,
Well that clears things up. cheers
09-22-2009, 08:17 AM,
And you guys didn't understand that from what I posted? :conf:
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
09-22-2009, 08:51 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-22-2009, 08:53 AM by shortreengage.)
We got distracted by the all the pretty ponies running around here. :whis:
09-22-2009, 12:16 PM,
Horse is good eating.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
09-22-2009, 03:47 PM,
You suggest we shot the prancing pony? How cruel :)
Vesku

[Image: Medals50_thumb8.gif]