• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Vista fix bonus
09-12-2009, 04:54 AM,
Vista fix bonus
I don't know if anyone else had had this happen but the vista fix appears to be a no disk fix too. I just did a turn of cmbb and cmak without the disk in the computer. at first I thought I did have the right disk in but when I went to switch I realized I had another disk entirely. I definitely think it was worth the $10 now.
Quote this message in a reply
09-12-2009, 11:37 AM,
RE: Vista fix bonus
And does your PBEM now work against opponents who don't have the patch? Ther was an issue with that in the beginning....
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift
09-13-2009, 05:37 AM,
I don't know if any of my opponents have the fix but I haven't had problems yet. the no cd fix though doesn't seem to be working on my laptop. I'm still trying to figure out why not.
09-26-2009, 03:03 AM,
It is a no CD version, but not a "no need to licence" version. You need to e:Licence it. You can e:Licence on two machines (you and a mate, you and your laptop) but BE SURE to UNlicence it and not just delete/uninstall it, otherwise you will 'lose a life'. (BF can refresh a 'life' for you, but it might cost $5).

If you can't be bothered with al that nonsense (although to be fair, it's quite a gentle form of DRM), there are plenty of 1.03 no CD patches around, and I don't think there's any version checking. There isn't between 1.03 and 1.04 anyway. Both 1.03 and 1.04 AK and 1.03 BB run fine on my Vista 64bit machine with a Sapphire ATI Radeon graphics card.

Before anyone jumps down my throat, I'm not advocating piracy, only to use a no CD patch for convenience to use ones purchase, not to use something one hasn't bought. I have e:Licensed my 1.04, btw.