• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Old Bolt stuff
12-18-2009, 02:13 AM,
RE: Bolt out of the Blue 4.5
I've never really had a problem with SF units or helo engineers etc blowing bridges if a player wants to use them that way.

In reality pretty much every bridge in both East and West Germany would of been downed by both sides air assets anyway. As the game engine doesn't allow this I'm happy for other unit types being able to blow bridges !!

Theres plenty of bridging assets on both sides anyway. I for one quite often avoid static road bridges and build my own "out of the way" as it were, just to keep the enemy guessing as to where I'm crossing. On several occassions my opponent has attacked what he thought was my crossing point only to find I had mobile bridges elsewhere !
Quote this message in a reply
12-18-2009, 06:20 AM,
Midge Wrote:I've never really had a problem with SF units or helo engineers etc blowing bridges if a player wants to use them that way.

In reality pretty much every bridge in both East and West Germany would of been downed by both sides air assets anyway. As the game engine doesn't allow this I'm happy for other unit types being able to blow bridges !!

Theres plenty of bridging assets on both sides anyway. I for one quite often avoid static road bridges and build my own "out of the way" as it were, just to keep the enemy guessing as to where I'm crossing. On several occassions my opponent has attacked what he thought was my crossing point only to find I had mobile bridges elsewhere !

A true strategist, well said. I also have no problem but will drop the defense to a 1 and movement to a 16 for those who do, that and with security units you should be able to slow them up but i dont believe in stopping them.

Aaron
Rangers Lead the Way
12-18-2009, 06:30 AM,
James Ward Wrote:
tazaaron Wrote:Never tried this myself but Hinds have a small AA value, could you not hunt them down with a Hind unit???? I still can change the def to a 1 and changed movement from a 26 to a 16 and it would make it easier to track them down with a Hind which has a AA value of 5 and a movement of 26.

Aaron

I use my attack helo's to attack the enemies helos in a jam so giving them a higher attack value would make them even better air 'air superiority' helicoptors!
Isn't the chance of blowing a bridge related to a units attack strength? If so perhaps the solution is to make them really sucky on the attack so they can't blow bridges easily.

I believe its tied to the Assault value and it dropped 3 points so should help a little, along with the rest i mentioned should slow them down.

Aaron
Rangers Lead the Way
12-19-2009, 01:15 AM,
tazaaron Wrote:
James Ward Wrote:
tazaaron Wrote:Never tried this myself but Hinds have a small AA value, could you not hunt them down with a Hind unit???? I still can change the def to a 1 and changed movement from a 26 to a 16 and it would make it easier to track them down with a Hind which has a AA value of 5 and a movement of 26.

Aaron

I use my attack helo's to attack the enemies helos in a jam so giving them a higher attack value would make them even better air 'air superiority' helicoptors!
Isn't the chance of blowing a bridge related to a units attack strength? If so perhaps the solution is to make them really sucky on the attack so they can't blow bridges easily.

I believe its tied to the Assault value and it dropped 3 points so should help a little, along with the rest i mentioned should slow them down.

Aaron

That should help. It's not necessarily the ability to blow bridges that is the problem, it's how often they are successful. If they have to sit on the ground for 5-6 turns before they are successful then they are a lot less valuable behind the enemy lines.
01-02-2010, 07:52 PM,
I have made a new model for the German M48 Patton:

[Image: sinttulolt.png]

Attached Files
.bmp   M48A2G2.bmp (Size: 41.65 KB / Downloads: 4)
01-02-2010, 09:04 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-02-2010, 09:07 PM by P.Ako.)
Sorry i upload a new version of the previous tank with some "white spots" corrected, the in game shot:

[Image: sinttulowm.png]

and, BTW, i just would like to point that the Spanish M48 is a pic of the South Korean M48, however don't consider it as a complain because the camouflage schemes for both tanks were identical

Attached Files
.bmp   M48A2G2.bmp (Size: 41.65 KB / Downloads: 4)
01-14-2010, 07:09 AM,
Uhmm let me upload a third version of the M48A2G2 because it's in better size than the previous one

Attached Files
.bmp   M48A2G2.bmp (Size: 41.65 KB / Downloads: 10)
01-14-2010, 08:32 PM,
The corps attachment doesn't work on WP allied armies and WP allied divisions. Only worked on Russian forces.
01-14-2010, 08:33 PM,
For example you couldn't attach a czech division from 1.army to 4. army, because both this division and those armies don't show up on corps attachment table at all.
01-15-2010, 06:27 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-15-2010, 06:30 AM by Aaron.)
Quote:The corps attachment doesn't work on WP allied armies and WP allied divisions. Only worked on Russian forces.

Ya ive straighten that out for the next version, i still have no idea why but if you list all the Armies as Corps in the oob it only lets you attach the WP minors and if you have them all as Armies in the oob it only lets you attach the Soviets so ive listed the WP minors as Corps and left the Soviets as Armies and now you can attach everyone, go figure.

Aaron
Rangers Lead the Way