• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Old Bolt stuff
07-07-2013, 07:47 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-07-2013, 07:49 AM by Aaron.)
RE: Bolt out of the Blue 4.7
(07-07-2013, 07:09 AM)JDR Dragoon Wrote: A small observation, that has only really become obvious over time:

-While COMAIRBALTAP (and to a degree COMNAVBALTAP) had the responsibility for any strike or other airsupport missions flown in Corps LANDJUTs area of responsibility, the responsibility for defending Schleswig-Holstein from air attack rested on 2 ATAF, not AIRBALTAP. This arrangement was a major source of potential friction, and the prosecution and handover of bogeys between the two commands was something frequently trained.

What this means is, that no danish HAWK missile units should be part of the OOB. Defending Germany from air attack, even danish forces in Germany, was not a task they were supposed to undertake. 2. ATAF, supported by NATOs SAM belt was to take care of that (ditto for 4. ATAF in the south).

Oh no, thats going to throw the whole balance of the game out of whack, gonna have to start from scratch. Itll take another 2 years to finish this.

Thanks JD
Rangers Lead the Way
Quote this message in a reply
07-07-2013, 08:47 AM,
(07-07-2013, 04:26 AM)tazaaron Wrote: Im updating Bolt to the 1.02 version and at the same time making changes on a few things here and there mostly adjustments to values from things ive learned the last couple of years. Upped all inf assault values 3 points and lowered tanks 3 points, not a major change but adds that little bit more to the inf if tanks assault by themselves. Heres a preview of the new tank values, some big changes here, the better got better and the worse got worse. Any ideas on changes nows the time to let me know and we can debate them, gonna try to have it all done by next weekend.

Changed the T64A/B and T-72B to a range of 2 on HA. The T-64B and T-72B could fire the ATGM

Aaron

I'm currently playing two Bolt team games. Can these changes be integrated into ongoing games?
07-07-2013, 10:54 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-07-2013, 10:56 AM by Aaron.)
(07-07-2013, 08:47 AM)tbridges Wrote:
(07-07-2013, 04:26 AM)tazaaron Wrote: Im updating Bolt to the 1.02 version and at the same time making changes on a few things here and there mostly adjustments to values from things ive learned the last couple of years. Upped all inf assault values 3 points and lowered tanks 3 points, not a major change but adds that little bit more to the inf if tanks assault by themselves. Heres a preview of the new tank values, some big changes here, the better got better and the worse got worse. Any ideas on changes nows the time to let me know and we can debate them, gonna try to have it all done by next weekend.

Changed the T64A/B and T-72B to a range of 2 on HA. The T-64B and T-72B could fire the ATGM

Aaron

I'm currently playing two Bolt team games. Can these changes be integrated into ongoing games?

I cant remember, but most often its best to start new in any game. The elimination of the Danish Hawks might ruin it for you because its an oob change, if it was just values it might work. Also depends what side your playing, i think the new values hurt Nato more than Pact so if your a Nato player pretend like you didnt see this post
Rangers Lead the Way
07-07-2013, 03:16 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-08-2013, 03:47 PM by Aaron.)
Here we go, first new added parameter

Night Movement Disruption Parameter Data Value. This probability is applied each hex the unit moves not by the stated restrictions.( Not in travel mode during at night turn) The disruption probability is modified by the Quality of the unit according to the following modifiers:

· The probability for Quality A units is multiplied by 0.25.
· The probability for Quality B units is multiplied by 0.50.
· The probability for Quality D units is multiplied by 1.50.
· The probability for Quality E units is multiplied by 2.00.
· The probability for Quality F units is multiplied by 4.00.

I like it, there should be a chance the unit gets lost, makes a wrong turn and gets itself jumbled up. I like it even more that it applies towards quality of units, the lesser train units cant read a map.

Ive set a value of 20% in the .pdt. That gives

Quality A units is multiplied by 0.25. 5.0% very few A units
Quality B units is multiplied by 0.50. 10.0%
Quality C units is multiplied by 1.00. 20.0%
Quality D units is multiplied by 1.50. 30.0%
Quality E units is multiplied by 2.00. 40% not in game
Quality F units is multiplied by 4.00. 80% not in game

any thoughts? this percentage is per hex moved while deployed during a night turn
Rangers Lead the Way
07-07-2013, 05:27 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-08-2013, 03:46 PM by Aaron.)
Number 2 on the new parameter values

When the target is hard and the firing unit is artillery or heavy artillery
firing at a range of 1, then the fire value is multiplied by the Artillery Hard
Target Mod Parameter Data value.

Should there be a bonus to the artillery units HA value for direct fire at a hard target 1 hex away or should it only use the value it has for indirect fire listed in the oob?

Im not leaning towards any bonus for this, while a 155mm round can knock out a tank in direct fire the problem lies with hitting hit

Number 3, mine prob parameter.

Have it at 10% right now.

Should we have more or less mines being laid?
Rangers Lead the Way
07-11-2013, 05:37 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-11-2013, 05:48 AM by Aaron.)
RE: Bolt out of the Blue 4.6.1
(02-20-2011, 01:51 AM)Nitram Draw Wrote: Some German engineer units show a bridge symbol but cannot build bridges. Unfortunately I cannot recall the exact units but I think they were Corp level in the I and II Corps. They were larger units too, 300+ men.

There are a number of Jeep type units in the French forces. Some are listed as guns, some as vehicles and some as men. They are pretty useless as men. I think they should be changed to either vehicles or guns.

Fixed, there were 6 of them (SchwimmbrückenBtl), they had 1 company bridging and 3 of regular engineers. The 3 regular engineers were using the wrong graphic

Also fixed, it was the french recon units in there P4 jeeps. Havnt decided if im gonna change them to PM (armored car} so they count as vehicles or use the actual manpower of the unit but one way or another it will be fixed

Thanks even though your post is from 2 years ago, my bad
Rangers Lead the Way
07-11-2013, 07:26 AM,
(07-11-2013, 05:37 AM)tazaaron Wrote:
(02-20-2011, 01:51 AM)Nitram Draw Wrote: Some German engineer units show a bridge symbol but cannot build bridges. Unfortunately I cannot recall the exact units but I think they were Corp level in the I and II Corps. They were larger units too, 300+ men.

Fixed, there were 6 of them (SchwimmbrückenBtl), they had 1 company bridging and 3 of regular engineers. The 3 regular engineers were using the wrong graphic

Hey Aaron...I'm NATO in a team game and if you could take a look at an engineering unit in Jutland I would appreciate it. Its a Kampfschwimmer unit that starts out fixed in Kiel. It only has 33 movement points (even in "T" mode). But the the image shows its a helicopter unit. It doesn't function as a helo unit. It seems either the image is wrong and shouldn't include the helo, or the MPs are wrong and the unit should be able to be air lifted.

Thanks...great mod btw, my favorite game!
07-11-2013, 08:01 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-11-2013, 08:05 AM by Aaron.)
(07-11-2013, 07:26 AM)tbridges Wrote:
(07-11-2013, 05:37 AM)tazaaron Wrote:

Hey Aaron...I'm NATO in a team game and if you could take a look at an engineering unit in Jutland I would appreciate it. Its a Kampfschwimmer unit that starts out fixed in Kiel. It only has 33 movement points (even in "T" mode). But the the image shows its a helicopter unit. It doesn't function as a helo unit. It seems either the image is wrong and shouldn't include the helo, or the MPs are wrong and the unit should be able to be air lifted.

Thanks...great mod btw, my favorite game!

Thats an SF unit it just doesnt get dropped behind the lines, all the SF units have a helo with the pic but dont actually move that way. I should probably move them so they sneak up on the shore in EGermany
Rangers Lead the Way
07-12-2013, 03:11 AM,
I wouldn´t have them in the game at all. The various frogmen/Naval Spetsnaz types had mission profiles that would not typically have seen them deployed in a capacity relevant to DF85.
Send this user an email
07-12-2013, 11:51 PM,
[/quote]
Thats an SF unit it just doesnt get dropped behind the lines, all the SF units have a helo with the pic but dont actually move that way. I should probably move them so they sneak up on the shore in EGermany
[/quote]

OK, thanks for checking.