• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

It just got hotter here...
09-05-2009, 05:56 AM,
It just got hotter here...
Well, I know most of you have forgotten me after such a long sabbatical from the club, especially Ed the Grumbler. How you doing buddy? I hope all is well with you.

Hey guys, it's been a heck of a run for the past 10 months... We just moved from the "end of the line" looking for baddies to what seems to me "the big city". It's not really, but after being at literally the end of the line in Iraq, I've moved to a much more robust and hotter location a little closer to our Persian neighbors. Of course, it seems like a little ant hill of activity compared to our windswept barren hovels of only a few days ago...

Life is good, they actually have something called the "internet" here... I'll have to check out this new fangled gadget...

Take care... I'll try to check in a few times this week... busy though... we're learning resource management as we just jumped and need a lot of work to get back in fighting trim...

that alarm clock goes off way early... and it's a sad fact when you kid yourself that 102 is a cool day...

Jim "von Krieg" of Iraq... thinking of putting in for my Gensiyah (Iraqi identity papers) as I've been here so long over the last four years...
Quote this message in a reply
09-05-2009, 06:04 AM,
RE: It just got hotter here...
We have not forgotten you my friend, we think about you alot. Hope you continue to stay safe and get home soon.

Thunder
09-05-2009, 06:04 AM,
Excellent to hear from you, Jim!

Enjoy the new locale!!

Jason Petho
Send this user an email
09-05-2009, 06:22 AM,
Wish I could be there with you Jim. Be careful; take care of you and your men; get the mission done; and remember that everyone back home is behind you 100%. You're the best there is; the debt we owe you is beyond evaluation.

LR
If you run, you'll only die tired.

One hand on the wheel, and one in the flame,
One foot on the gas, and one in the grave.
09-06-2009, 05:09 AM,
Up at 0400 and in bed by 2200... another day down... less than 60 to go... success today... things are moving forward... albeit slowly...

a little wind and dust... like being in a hair dryer all the time...

We stopped by the local diner that is not run by the army or a contractor... it was a nice little italian place... Calzone was huge and it was definitely the best Calzone I've had in 10 months... LOL... In fact the only one in 10 months... it was a good change of pace to punch out for dinner and some conversation not tied to the military... that is rare at the moment... we all seemed to have enjoyed the uniqueness of it... then walk back to work for a few more hours...

We can see the Ziggeraut on our walk back... definitely a little history... here...

Live from Iraq... It's Saturday Night.. LOL...

Jim
09-06-2009, 05:32 AM,
Jim, you remind me of my dad.

My dad 25 years in the Royal Air Force from 1955 to 1980 and he did his duty wherever he was sent with no complaints.

As his eldest son I salute you !

Keep safe !
Antoni ChmielowskigGames Played : WiTP-AE, TOAW3,Gary Grigsbys War in The East/ War In The West
09-06-2009, 06:11 AM,
:stir::stir::stir:Alive and well enjoying the local eating places get to know the locals sun sun sun a little sand tan should be good.You know im only joking Jim nice to see you do get a break at times brief im sure just keep your head down and back safe to family.
09-06-2009, 06:16 AM,
Jim,

Thanks for the small tid-bits of first hand daily life over there. History in the making so-to-say. I can almost taste the sand in my mouth.

Thats interesting an Italian Resturant? I'm newer to the Blitz but I say hi and be safe. God speed.

Zap(Phillip)
09-06-2009, 08:40 AM,
Jim,
You will never be forgotten...........the closest thing to immortality is to be remembered..........I remember!!!!!!!!!

Earl
"The secret to success is not just doing the things you enjoy but rather enjoying everything that you do."
09-08-2009, 05:05 AM,
Hello guys,

Another day down... I broke my alarm clock and that made me paranoid all night waiting for the time I have to move out to come... A quick trip to the PX after lunch... I found a battery operated replacement... I need that alarm clock to get up at oh dark thirty...

It is always good to see the old timers are still around... and even better to see that we have some new folks... new blood for the future... Take care guys....

Jim