• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

TUTORIAL for a NEWBIE please?
09-03-2009, 11:20 AM,
TUTORIAL for a NEWBIE please?
Good day all!

I'm new to this op. level wargame... bought the games a few months ago, yet still unable to grasp it (i'm doing piecemeal learning anyway), so I think it'll be better for me to try it against real human for tutorial.

Just for intro, I've been a tactical level wargame fans since the first time in contact with turn-based wargame (Steel Panthers). First looked into HPS titles, I was put in extreme awe due to its brand new op. level experience and complexity (that's why the learning curve seems very steep for me). I'm not a military or WW2 noob, just need to grasp the mechanic of this new PzC/MC game.

Here is the list of games I own (all have been patched to the latest):
-MC: North German Plains
-PzC: Kursk 43
-PzC: Stalingrad 42
-PzC: Moscow 41
-PzC: Sicily 43

If any of you interested in giving a good tutor for me, just feel free to select any of the games above and mail me at [email protected]

Really looking for help...
Cheers, RightDeve!
---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----
Quote this message in a reply
09-04-2009, 02:06 AM,
RE: TUTORIAL for a NEWBIE please?
RightDeve,
First welcome to this ladder i hope you will have some fun with the PzC series that we all love.

I am afraid i am just unable to play you right now as have too much on, but here are some tips that might help.
1) Make sure you read the manual, many hints on to how to play the game are included although in some cases you must 'read between the lines'. ;)

2) Play against the artificial intelligence with fog of war OFF, in this way you can see the mechanics of the game engine working more easily.

3) When you play a PBEM game make sure it is a small scenario with not too many units to keep things simple.

4) There is a 'search' feature on this forum where you can read about any topic, i should imagine there isn't an aspect of PzC that has not been discussed at some point!

5) Only play with the default optional rules to keep things simple.

6) Here is a link to an article that might help you....
https://www.theblitz.club/articles/strat....php?id=44

Good luck. :)
09-04-2009, 02:43 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-04-2009, 02:43 AM by Dog Soldier.)
RE: TUTORIAL for a NEWBIE please?
Welcome Right Dave,

Be sure to check the important threads in this forum. The thread What every player on this MB / ladder should know! is packed with information about PzC/MC and PBEM play.

Good Gaming!

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp