• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

SCOUTING
09-03-2009, 09:37 AM,
RE: SCOUTING
K K Rossokolski Wrote:
WARHOG Wrote:Perhaps another option is infantry units with radio capability can be broken down in to perhaps two units designated for recon or spotting roles. I have seen it in other game systems and I feel is realistic and with the realm of the game system.

Just a thought.

Is that realistic, in the WWII context? Modern Wars perhaps, when just about everyone, it seems, has a radio. But WWII? Also, you might be confusing an organisational issue with what is, I believe, one of tasking in the field.
Yes it was not too much radios at that time... Maybe 1 per company? What I was thinking in terms of realism when I have just started playing was: how do some platoon which spots the enemy transfers coordinates for indirect artillery strike to it's company commander with radio if he is let's say 500m away?:chin:

There are boundaries for realism too I guess?

Dmitriy
Quote this message in a reply
09-03-2009, 02:12 PM,
glint Wrote:Whilst on the subject of flying units Jason. - I also tried out some bombers in the scenario and it became apparent that, after dropping their' loads, they could be flown around as spotters. I'm trying out new units in the scenario and just see this as something that could be used in a 'cheesy manner' and thus, perhaps be included in any doctrine regarding the earlier comments about aircraft?
regards
Peter

In the MCS_BOOTCAMP_EF_WF.doc found in the Manuals folder there is a notation under ** Bootcamp 6 -- Strike from the Sky scenario notes:

4. A house rule SHOULD be imposed between players that On Map Bombers that have attacked during the course of a scenario be removed from the map.

Hope that helps.

Jason Petho
Send this user an email
09-03-2009, 03:19 PM,
thanks Jason,must read the manual one day, lol!