• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Poll: Do you watch replays during your game?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Of course, you need too if you are to win!
61.11%
22 61.11%
Sometimes, if they don't take too long.
30.56%
11 30.56%
Bah, who has time for them!
8.33%
3 8.33%
Total 36 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Replays
09-09-2009, 10:20 PM,
RE: Replays
It works well when you rename a pioneer squad to a militia or any other renaming which conceals units important capabilities.
Vesku

[Image: Medals50_thumb8.gif]
Quote this message in a reply
09-09-2009, 10:27 PM,
Yes, that would work. Although I often right-click to check enemy weapons, I don't do it on every unit of the same type..
Divided Ground no-CD & DGVN exe: here

[Image: FARibbon.jpg]
09-09-2009, 10:57 PM,
If you see T-34/76a, do you check its stats? I'd bet that you already know quite well what you are supposed to face. Parking a Tiger two hexes away shouldn't be too much of a risk but what if that tank actually is ATO?
Vesku

09-09-2009, 11:39 PM,
Well, I would check if I knew that my opponent had the habit of changing names. The trick would only be a surprise once..

09-10-2009, 12:06 AM,
Vesku Wrote:I can be ambushed once with renaming, after that I will refuse to play against that opponent. Too gamey for my taste.

:)
Vesku

09-10-2009, 12:32 AM,
...and you're the man with 400+ games. :bow: :)

09-10-2009, 02:51 AM,
Renaming units? I'm rather shocked.........:mad:
Send this user an email
09-10-2009, 08:01 AM,
Yeah that is another sly move I was unaware of.
[Image: Tiger-Sig2.jpg]
Send this user an email
09-10-2009, 09:26 AM,
Vesku Wrote:I can be ambushed once with renaming, after that I will refuse to play against that opponent. Too gamey for my taste.

That's close to what Rommel said when he found out the Allies were using inflatable tank decoys. Big Grin

I don't do the renaming thing myself; but you have to respect the creativity of some opponents, and the lengths they'll go to in order to pull off the deception. :cool2:
09-10-2009, 09:33 AM,
low_bidder Wrote:"I may not be able to see it, but from the replay I know generally where it is."

Actually, not. You know where it was. There is a difference. One of my favorite 'tricks', one I learned the hard way , is to take a fast tank and fire it, then move and fire again. If it's fast enough and the terrain is right, you can get off 3 shots. Won't hit anything, but you can fool your opponent into thinking there is more armor there then there really is. That means you can have more armor someplace where he doesn't think there is much.

All too true, but if I open the turn to see one of my tanks burning or a routed infantry unit - who were fine at the end of the last turn - I'd like to know what hit them. Was it a lucky strike by something far, far away? Was it an unseen size 0 unit that ambushed me? Was it a platoon of Tigers? All would be very valuable pieces of information, that you'd only gleen from the replay. Maybe it doesn't tell me exactly where something is, but it tells me roughly what it is...unless they play the name change game. But naming a panzerfaust crew, "Panther Tank" probably won't fool me - for long anyway.

GUNSLNGR

"A man will be imprisoned in a room with a door that's unlocked and opens inwards; as long as it does not occur to him to pull rather than push."