• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Poll: Do you watch replays during your game?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Of course, you need too if you are to win!
61.11%
22 61.11%
Sometimes, if they don't take too long.
30.56%
11 30.56%
Bah, who has time for them!
8.33%
3 8.33%
Total 36 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Replays
09-06-2009, 08:53 PM,
RE: Replays
"I may not be able to see it, but from the replay I know generally where it is."

Actually, not. You know where it was. There is a difference. One of my favorite 'tricks', one I learned the hard way , is to take a fast tank and fire it, then move and fire again. If it's fast enough and the terrain is right, you can get off 3 shots. Won't hit anything, but you can fool your opponent into thinking there is more armor there then there really is. That means you can have more armor someplace where he doesn't think there is much. This is an important tactic when your opponent has ICM (AP bomblets) and tends to pound areas he suspects contain MBT concentrations. I tend to keep my ranges low, so if I get a kill on an ambush, I will see the flamer when I cycle thru my units. I do watch the replay when I'm in an infantry or mostly infantry firefight.
Quote this message in a reply
09-06-2009, 10:22 PM,
Replay is the most important part of the turn for me. Sometimes i use the replay 2 or 3 times and i note on a paper the exact emplacement of ennemy units i can't see.
The Z-fire is good for that. When your ennemy use it the replay take more time but you can suppose where his units are, how many of them he have and what kind of weapons they are carying. ANd this is a very important information.
I really cant understant how peaople can play without replay. You start your turn, you see one of your unit is retreating and you dont ask yourself where is the ennemy unit? I dont understand that
09-07-2009, 04:55 PM,
it isn't that hard to play without replays, you'll get the hang of it around game number 400 :)
Vesku

[Image: Medals50_thumb8.gif]
09-08-2009, 09:40 AM,
If you want a hands on experience in why the replay can be misleading, start a PBEM game with yourself. E-Mail and all. Make your moves and then watch the replay as your opponent. I'm not saying never use it, I'm saying learn when it is useful and when it can be misleading.
09-08-2009, 03:04 PM,
and then there are those who pop up a Sherman on the hill, fire once, rename it to another model of Sherman and fire a second shot, rename to yet another model and fire a third shot ....

I'm playing quite poorly if I don't know what and where without watching the replay.
Vesku

09-08-2009, 11:52 PM,
During the first turns, and during the last turns i agree that we can play without replays... but generally there is always a fight somewhere where the replay will be usefull.

"and then there are those who pop up a Sherman on the hill, fire once, rename it to another model of Sherman and fire a second shot, rename to yet another model and fire a third shot ...."

This is a great strategy, i have to test it ^^
09-09-2009, 05:20 AM,
I used to watch the replays, but now usually don't bother for anything other than small games - too time consuming.

Lots of 'z' fire means it takes ages, but I feel sorry for someone watching a replay of my 'z' fire too!

Alex
09-09-2009, 10:29 AM,
Arkan Wrote:This is a great strategy, i have to test it ^^

No it is not...it is a very gamey tactic and would be frowned upon by most players.
If we manage to play a game in the future and you were doing that trick...it would not be well received.

Anyway, you are far too good a player to need to resort to gamey tricks to get a win.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
09-09-2009, 07:40 PM,
I can be ambushed once with renaming, after that I will refuse to play against that opponent. Too gamey for my taste.
Vesku

09-09-2009, 09:43 PM,
Why not just simple make a rule before the battle that you don't allow renaming of units.. and a rule to limit z-fire will make the replay less boring for those who has that problem..

Vesku Wrote:and then there are those who pop up a Sherman on the hill, fire once, rename it to another model of Sherman and fire a second shot, rename to yet another model and fire a third shot ....

Will this (cheesy tactic) actually work in practice? Your opponent must first spot the name change and then actually be conned by the parade of different tank models that fires 1-2 shots.
Divided Ground no-CD & DGVN exe: here

[Image: FARibbon.jpg]