• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

OP. FIRE
08-28-2009, 02:38 AM,
OP. FIRE
Can some explain to me the complexities of opportunity fire? It was my understanding that you can adjust your units opportunity fire turn by turn. But I'm learning that in some scenarios opportunity fire is preset and cannot be adjusted at anytime is the correct? (What ding-dong thought of that?)

Thanks
Quote this message in a reply
08-28-2009, 03:06 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-28-2009, 04:38 AM by Jason Petho.)
RE: OP. FIRE
WARHOG Wrote:Can some explain to me the complexities of opportunity fire? It was my understanding that you can adjust your units opportunity fire turn by turn. But I'm learning that in some scenarios opportunity fire is preset and cannot be adjusted at anytime is the correct? (What ding-dong thought of that?)

No, that is incorrect.

The opfire is preset for the first turn only. This is common in scenarios designed to be played against HAL since HAL needs all the help he can get.

You can change it by pressing D on the keyboard, which brings up the OPFIRE Dialogue. I believe Section 5.13 (5.13.1 and Section 5.13.2) provides all you need to know to use the dialogue.

Jason Petho
Send this user an email
08-28-2009, 04:30 AM,
The main thing to remember with opfire settings is that "the most restrictive setting for a unit (global or specific) takes precedence".

Thus, if you set the global opfire for AT against soft to be none, and you then set it to long for a specific AT unit that AT unit will NOT fire at soft (the global setting, being more restrictive takes precedence).

umbro
08-29-2009, 10:05 AM,
The other main thing to remember about OP fire is that good players will disembowel you with it. Make sure your firing when it's to your advantage. Against superior players I believe your better off keeping your load and waiting for your turn. Mainly because of the above reason, and in part also due to HAL (nice one Jason..:O) being really stupid and letting those Tigers roll by clean and then opening up on the unloaded halftracks that follow.

There are obviously exceptions to this, and that is the joy and art of OP fire for fun and profit.

Open the pod bay doors HAL...

Regards,

Dan