• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

To Steel God
09-07-2009, 10:46 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-07-2009, 10:52 PM by Hawk Kriegsman.)
To Steel God
steel god Wrote:Ed/Erik;
You two should know better than to stir it up.

NOTE: This post applies to me an I am leaving Ed out of this, hence the use of I an me verses we.

I am quite confused with why myself is the only one banned for stiring it up. In my mind I took as many shots as I gave, but yet I am confused as to why I was only banned.

Quote:You've both been moderators and should have a better grasp at self moderation

My past as a moderator is irrelevant. I am a regular memeber and feel I should be treated as such. What you are implying is that I am being held to a higher standard. I am not sure that it is fair.

Since you brought up my previous life as a moderator, what I would have done in the running battle is PM a few people that needed to calm down and tell them as such. If that failed I would post it pubically and as a last resort ban. But that's me. I received no warnings and the disappointing part of that is that I was assured by a moderator of this forum that I would be giving the chance to clean up a post if need be as I did not ever want to be banned.

Quote:then merely walking the lines and pushing the envelope.

Other than a post referencing a deleted post I had not pne post edited or removed. I am I supposed to infer that I crossed the line? There was no actions taken by any moderators during this flare up and I know that the forum was visited by the moderators during this time. No action was taken. In the absence of action taken against anyone I assumed I was on the right side of the law.

Quote:You've both been given a week off to calm down,

I was never upset or lacked calm. Its just a game and I do like quality verebal sparring.

Quote:and when you come back you should consider the endless copying and pasting of rule books as obnoxious behavior.

I did not do this.

Quote:Surely a page reference or a copied sentence or two will suffice to make a point.

This is all I did.

Quote:If you can't make a point without being charitable in the delivery you should refrain entirely.

Then I would ask that this standard apply equally to all. I did not throw the first punch in this festival of squabbling.

Quote:If you can't abide by those rules we can part company.

Again I had no idea I wasn't abiding by the rules. Could I get a hint or a sign in the future that I maybe heading in the wrong direction?

I would have stepped off the gas well in advance of getting banned if someone could have taken a minute to PM me.

I don't want to be banned or part company.

Please send me a PM if you feel I am apporaching trouble.

Also this post is not to challenge and stir but it is to become better informed and to learn.

Thanx!

Hawk
09-07-2009, 11:47 PM,
RE: To Steel God
Hawk Kriegsman Wrote:I am quite confused with why myself is the only one banned for stiring it up. In my mind I took as many shots as I gave, but yet I am confused as to why I was only banned.

There were a combined 17 complaints issued by members against you and Ed for the abusive and overly aggressive way in which you were posting. You were both banned.

Hawk Kriegsman Wrote:My past as a moderator is irrelevant. I am a regular memeber and feel I should be treated as such. What you are implying is that I am being held to a higher standard. I am not sure that it is fair.

Actually Erik, I have always cut both you and Ed fair more slack than I would an ordinary member because of your long tenures as members and your past service to the Club. If I treated either of you as regular members I would throw you both out and be done with you, since based on the PMs, emails and complaints being submitted, a fair number of folks in the forum view your contributions here in a negative light.

Hawk Kriegsman Wrote:
Quote:then merely walking the lines and pushing the envelope.

Other than a post referencing a deleted post I had not pne post edited or removed. I am I supposed to infer that I crossed the line? There was no actions taken by any moderators during this flare up and I know that the forum was visited by the moderators during this time. No action was taken. In the absence of action taken against anyone I assumed I was on the right side of the law.

You may have missed the several references and explanations posted last week during the "spat", but the moderators stay out of things until the members complain, or one of the few rules we have is violated. When I log on and see double digit complaints about abusive content I'm not real interested in being nice about it. One complaint, yeah, maybe a warning is due. That much flame requires a bucket of cold water. The threads are still up, go read them. If you can't see where you crossed the line then your perspective is gone.

Hawk Kriegsman Wrote:
Quote:You've both been given a week off to calm down,

I was never upset or lacked calm. Its just a game and I do like quality verebal sparring.

Quality verbal sparing doesn't require insults and nasty barbs. Make your points while being charitable in your delivery or don't make them at all.

Hawk Kriegsman Wrote:
Quote:and when you come back you should consider the endless copying and pasting of rule books as obnoxious behavior.

I did not do this.

Quote:Surely a page reference or a copied sentence or two will suffice to make a point.

This is all I did.

I agree, you did not. That was specific to Ed.

Hawk Kriegsman Wrote:
Quote:If you can't make a point without being charitable in the delivery you should refrain entirely.

Then I would ask that this standard apply equally to all. I did not throw the first punch in this festival of squabbling.

That is the standard.

Hawk Kriegsman Wrote:
Quote:If you can't abide by those rules we can part company.

Again I had no idea I wasn't abiding by the rules. Could I get a hint or a sign in the future that I maybe heading in the wrong direction?

I would have stepped off the gas well in advance of getting banned if someone could have taken a minute to PM me.

I don't want to be banned or part company.

Please send me a PM if you feel I am apporaching trouble.

Also this post is not to challenge and stir but it is to become better informed and to learn.

You were given a warning, it's a one week suspension of privileges. You have been warned in the past about conduct, and also given short suspensions for it as well. Those were warnings too. Future incidents will incur longer suspensions until eventually you are banned permanently or you learn how to engage others with tact and diplomacy.

Paul