• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

CS Game Scale - Manual Style
08-31-2009, 08:44 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-31-2009, 08:50 AM by zap.)
RE: CS Game Scale - Manual Style
Glint,

Your welcome. I think it important to acknowledge a valuble contribution when made.

But in the spirit of what you said
"Someone told me a few years ago, - '' When you listen to someone's else point of view, think to yourself, 'maybe he's right and I'm wrong?'' If some of us think about that before we post, maybe we wouldn't get the eruptions that occur. "

I don't advocate people not posting or imposing self-banns (unless its for the betterment of their emotional health or because they need to revamp how they respond.)
It seems to me there are two better ways to handle what one considers offensive posting.

In your spirit of what you proposed I would suggest we:

1. Address the person percieved to be said offender. Weighing your words before writing.
example response: One could say "I see what you are saying I don't agree with your point on the rules. But I'm unsure of an occompanying comment you made which seems personal. Could you explain yourself please"
It may be that person offending did not realize his comment could be taken as offensive or the offended person percieved something that was not there to begin with

2. The second way is to avoid responding to the perceived offending person. If they are not listening.

I see more good being done with one these two procedures and would advance the cause you are advocating. We need to be reminded at times. So stay around Glint and anyone else.
Your not in the minority. I think everyone here wants what you do.

Steel god said it best in addressing a disagreement in another thread

"I did'nt have a problem with the content but the way it was delivered"

I would venture to say that this is what occurs most of the time in these discussions.
Quote this message in a reply