• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Tough call?
08-17-2009, 11:30 PM,
RE: Tough call?
Perhaps just add the points of the removed transports to the score of the opponent?

Giving up an entire match because of a misclick is a waste for both players IMO.
I have misclicked often on the toolbar below, mostly I click on the crosshairs before I want to shoot but somehow don't click well enough to press the button and then my unit moves towards the enemy it was supposed to shoot at...

It also is not possible in every tournament to surrender before the last turn is played because every point counts.

Personally I don't like the ROE mentioned in the thread and for me it would be reason not to participate in such a tournament.
Quote this message in a reply
08-18-2009, 12:26 AM,
If the guy was honest enough to bring it to your attention and accept whatever the consequenses, AND, you don't feel you want to automatically forgive the accident, then report the whole thing to the tournament organizer. As the opponent, me being me, I'd let it go. As a tourny director, I'd rule that the points exited go to the opposing player and thank the offending player for his honesty.

Then I'd shoot him.

Me being me.
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
08-18-2009, 01:26 AM,
Sorry but I don't do hypothetical questions. However, I would encourage everyone who is involved in a tourney to handle this type of stuff offline.

Rob
08-18-2009, 04:51 PM,
PLEASE understand that this was indeed a hypothetical question. I have not experienced this situation, but I have miss-clicked and caused the hypothetical situation to occur as well as other errors.

It was simply a question that interested me.

Pat

Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

08-18-2009, 05:00 PM,
Hawk Kriegsman Wrote:You broke the rule even if accidentally. You forfeit this match. Period.

Not a tough call at all.

Thanx!

Hawk

I agree with Hawk.`
08-18-2009, 07:16 PM,
Montana Grizz Wrote:PLEASE understand that this was indeed a hypothetical question. I have not experienced this situation, but I have miss-clicked and caused the hypothetical situation to occur as well as other errors.

It was simply a question that interested me.

Pat

It definately interested me too! I'm glad you brought it up. :thumbs_up:

Funny how it expanded and caused such a fuss. :chin:

cheers

RR
08-19-2009, 03:56 AM,
Thanks for all your contributions guys, as usual they all well reasoned and well thought out !.

Once again, thanks.
Antoni ChmielowskigGames Played : WiTP-AE, TOAW3,Gary Grigsbys War in The East/ War In The West