• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Men Needed for testing
10-01-2009, 07:38 PM,
RE: Men Needed for testing
Are players still testing these?
I've cleaned up the Pferd und Shmetterling, removing the Russian engineers on German horses!
I'm in the middle of three games of Red Mud at Federovka. Interesting situations are developing that may be different from the descriptions in early test reports.

I could use more testers with varied skill levels and experience. :)

RR
Quote this message in a reply
10-02-2009, 04:03 AM,
Ed,
We are about half way done at this point. We seem to be using xtreme caution in early action in finding each other. Not sure how its going to play out in the end ???

Chuck
10-02-2009, 04:10 AM,
Hi Chuck,

Thanks! I am finding it takes many players testing the scenarios, all with different kinds of playing styles, to get a good picture of balance and fun in a scenario.
I look forward to reading the feedback from everyone.
I've cleaned up some things that were glitches and made some adjustments based on early player comments.

I am keenly interested in what you and your opponent have to say.

cheers

Ed
10-06-2009, 10:11 PM,
Hey Ed, Wolfman (Rick) and I are still testing Pferd und Shmetterling.

It's a lot of fun, and yes, I'll have a ton of comments when we are done. Hopefully Rick will also.

Btw, I have found an innovative way to take care of the "Russian prisoner" problem - simply smack the horses on the behind and charge them into the enemy lines! The russkies fire on the "incoming German cavalry," and pow - friendly fire. How utterly tragic. :kill:
Thus, what is of supreme importance in war is to attack the enemy's strategy.

Sun Tzu
10-07-2009, 05:45 AM,
LOL! Some guys just surrounded them and then dismounted them. Big Grin
Your way was much more creative! :grin2:

The scenario file has been cleaned up ... again. This time it should stick. I also have been tinkering with it based on some player feedback. :smoke:

RR
10-13-2009, 08:50 AM,
Both scenarios are almost ready for prime time! :smoke:
I'd like to see some ratings on them. Minimum is four game reports and an over 8 rating. :)
I'd like to see varied players report their play. :chin:

If the scenarios need more work, or more time to report them, let me know?

RR
10-13-2009, 08:52 AM,
BTW, I have a couple more in the size 6 to 8 area that will be submitted to the H2H area for testing, once these two are moved out.
Then a couple more after that. ;)

cheers

RR
10-13-2009, 01:08 PM,
Hi Ed,
We are on turn 12-13 of our test game. I went on vacation in the middle of it, sorry about that buddie !!! Will be done soon the speed has picked up as it gets more interesting.

Chuck
10-18-2009, 11:41 PM,
MrRoadrunner Wrote:I've cleaned up the Pferd und Shmetterling, removing the Russian engineers on German horses!

RR

Hi Ed, I was thinking of playing it again. Are the aforementioned changes available should I download the file from H2H?

BTW, The dawgs have no defense this year. The Def Coordinator is on the hot seat.
10-19-2009, 01:37 AM,
Jack,

I did not upload the revised files into the H2H area. I was waiting for the final testers to complete their games and make reports. :smoke:
I'll send you what I have done to revise the scenario and clean it up, based on the flow of feedback I received, and you can try it out on your own. Then I'll upload the final version when everyone is done. "Pferd" is close to being approved. I hope the final version will put it over the top. :)

BTW, the other scenario, "Red Mud", has been approved. Thanks to all the testers who put in their valuable time! :thumbs_up:
Once I move "Red Mud" out, I'll upload a new one, "Grossman's Holiday".
It is a larger scenario which pits the Russian attacker against a small German infantry defensive line. The German defenders do have a "reduced" Panzer regiment that rides in to the rescue. Eek

cheers

RR