• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

SAMs/AAA in MC
08-14-2009, 07:45 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-14-2009, 08:02 PM by Aaron.)
SAMs/AAA in MC
Ive been running some tests and no matter what value i give a AAA unit rather it be a 15 or 30 it only ever seems to shoot down 1 jet and on the other side of things when trying to shoot down helos it seems that defensive fire shoots down half as many as when i fire the same unit on my own turn. I ask Midge if he ever noticed this and he said his opponent which is his brother has. What gives with this. i know by listing it indirect fire its value increases for counter battery fire but why are the casualties lower during defensive fire????????????????? If anything it should be the other way around....

I thought i found the answer in that the helo units wernt spotted but after thinking back almost all were 1 hex away and sometimes 2, so spotting shouldnt be an issue.

In almost all these tests the def on the jet was 10 and the helos a 13, and for the most part the AA value of the AAA unit was 27 or lower but right now im up to a 27.

Aaron
Rangers Lead the Way
Quote this message in a reply
08-14-2009, 08:25 PM,
RE: SAMs/AAA in MC
Got our wires crossed mate.......................its the defensive fire we've noticed seems to be more powerfull/effective....................and that goes for all types of fire.....................but we've especially noticed it with IF which obviously includes SAMS with IF capability.............................. I'm down to 1999 Scimitars now !!
08-15-2009, 04:02 AM,
RE: SAMs/AAA in MC
Crossed?, it must be that damn language barrier that we cant seem to get over, you speak English and i speak english. :) Had another run at it and when flying a helo units with def of 13 next to a AAA unit with AA 27 it shoots down 1 and then 1 again in the next hex, now i reset and run again but this time a fire the AAA unit from 4 hexes away at the same target and i get 2,3 or 4 but usually 3. All units are spotted.

Where that Scimitar go to a museum.

Aaron
Rangers Lead the Way