• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Site rules and rules carved in stone
08-10-2009, 03:38 AM,
RE: Site rules and rules carved in stone
Ed,

Thanks for the explanation. I see now. Just like starting a scenario file over...one can also do that from a save point. I see.
Would never have thought of that being possible...but sure it is...see what a dope I am.

I still save alot though, just reach up there and hit save and continue playing, most often. Just can't stand a power outage. I don't think anything pisses me off more, except maybe the wind blowing my hat off.

Cheers
Curt
Town Drunk
Quote this message in a reply
08-10-2009, 12:14 PM,
Wow, Hawk,

...you had a real case of the ass here...

...don't think it was warrented...please back down...and save it for later...

Cheers, your friend

Guberman
Town Drunk
08-10-2009, 07:21 PM,
Mr. Guberman Wrote:Ed,

Thanks for the explanation. I see now. Just like starting a scenario file over...one can also do that from a save point. I see.
Would never have thought of that being possible...but sure it is...see what a dope I am.

I used to save the game immediately following the artillery barrage. I was experiencing power outages and had a wonky computer. I don't watch replays and the next most boring thing was artillery barrages.
As my opponents know I now rarely save a turn at all.

I did hear about the "save and go" from a discussion on Campaign games. When playing a campaign game you can save before you move. A player actually said that the AI was beating him and he returned to his save location to restart the campaign turn. This was to not ruin his experience as he advanced to the end. I guess he wanted a medal more than playing "honestly" against the AI? :chin:

Mr. Guberman Wrote:I still save alot though, just reach up there and hit save and continue playing, most often. Just can't stand a power outage. I don't think anything pisses me off more, except maybe the wind blowing my hat off.

I've got a more stable power grid. And, I try to block out time where I can complete a turn (even the larger ones) in one sitting. My teamgame teammate can tell you that I play it and send it, often with only one save, two at the most. Sometimes to his remorse. :rolleyes:
I also try to stay off the internet when there is bad weather. But, an occasional car accident that takes out a pole does happen.

And, I don't wear a hat unless I am working out in the yard. ;)

cheers

RR
08-10-2009, 07:27 PM,
Mr. Guberman Wrote:Wow, Hawk,

Cheers, your friend

Guberman

Curt,
We all defend our good names? :chin:
And, in the heat of the moment our word choices may not be the greatest.
I was cool with most of what Hawk said. I just had concerns for the how it was said.
I guess I am closer in age to Troll and vicariously felt the sting of some of the sarcasm? :rolleyes:

It's all good? cheers

RR
08-10-2009, 09:35 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-11-2009, 08:46 AM by Hawk Kriegsman.)
Mr. Guberman Wrote:Wow, Hawk,

Cheers, your friend

Guberman

Comment explained via e-mail. Snide retort withdrawn.

Thanx!

Hawk
08-10-2009, 10:43 PM,
From the outside looking in:

some guy with 3 months in the club and half a dozen posts to his credit does a drive by shooting at one of the most experienced guys on your ladder, and now you old timers are squabbling with each other and the drive by shooter is out of the discussion. I do believe y'all got trolled. :rolleyes:
08-10-2009, 10:49 PM,
steel god Wrote:From the outside looking in:

some guy with 3 months in the club and half a dozen posts to his credit does a drive by shooting at one of the most experienced guys on your ladder, and now you old timers are squabbling with each other and the drive by shooter is out of the discussion. I do believe y'all got trolled. :rolleyes:

Damn SG that's cold. Accurate but cold.

Thanx!

Hawk
08-10-2009, 11:31 PM,
Shouldn't your first red flag have been the guy's forum handle? :cheeky:

Mike
08-11-2009, 02:43 AM,
steel god Wrote:From the outside looking in:

And here, my next request was to ask that he be appointed to a Ladder Commander position. Stranger things have happened? :rolleyes:
LOL! Since when does a person's longevity (or lack there of) with the club restrict, or reduce, the weight of their comments?

Hawk was miffed and rightly so.
Troll may like "fantasy game" characters or big green monster thingies, but, he had his point and was willing to make it. Referring to him as a "forum troll" might be in bad taste, unless he is another BW incarnation? Eek :whis:
Both made comments that were discussed and gave some light to the subject?
Do you not want new, or nearly new, members of the CS community to ask questions or participate on the forums? :chin:

And, we got to discuss the "cheating rule"? Which is almost as fun as a good half track debate? :kill:

Paul, you did really say lots now didn't you? Eek

RR
08-11-2009, 03:24 AM,
New folks are always welcome, and having just a few months and few posts to your credit is fine too. But when one is new to a group, it is generally not best practice to be kicking up a fuss and posting so, uhhh, aggressively shall we say? Troll is not BW by any means, but if his the remainder of his time in our forums is spent posting in the same manner in which he posted in this thread, I can almost guarantee he would have problems with "the staff". There's nothing wrong with his "content", it was the delivery.