• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Site rules and rules carved in stone
08-14-2009, 08:10 AM,
RE: Site rules and rules carved in stone
Perhaps the intention of my original post in this thread was misunderstood?

It really had very little to do with "cheating", but rather about cutting the newbie some slack and explaining the ROE's if they seem to be ignoring some of them.

Curt is correct in stating that "saves" and "restarts" are actually two different matters.

I am sorry to see the new "saves" report. Although I would never intentionally cheat, I now feel compelled to explain "saves" in excess of two because this has been related to possible cheating.

I've had large games that took me an hour to make my move and then lost that move for some computer reason.

Completely frustrated at that point, I replay my turn and save every few moves. I explain the situation to my opponent and apologize for the number of saves.

I am an old-timer, but not in regard to membership on the Blitz and have never had an opponent question the number of my saves or refuse to play another games against me.

I am defending myself now without being accused of any illegal behavior and that irritates me, but I feel somehow compelled to do so?????

Perhaps this will end the thread and we can move onto using half-tracks with machine guns as spotters :-)

Pat

Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Quote this message in a reply
08-14-2009, 09:22 AM,
Hey Grizz,
If I were you I wouldn't worry about any of this. My signature has something to say about cheating, It come from a radio guy named Jim Rome He always says that about nascar racing and thats where I got it from. I'm not worried that somebody might mistake it for something more than what it is.
Cheaters will find a way to cheat, no matter how hard you try to stop them. Play with people who will play and have fun. I will always play anybody because I'm playing for fun. So relax have fun and play, OK lets get ED's H2H game fired up who wants to play it ???

Chuck
08-14-2009, 11:30 AM,
Montana Grizz Wrote:Perhaps this will end the thread and we can move onto using half-tracks with machine guns as spotters :-)

Pat

Ooohh I feel it so close! Why is nobody biting? Somebody start a new thread on this please!
"When you cannot make up your mind which of two evenly balanced courses of action you should take -- choose the bolder." General W.J. Slim
08-14-2009, 11:57 AM,
Trojan Wrote:Ooohh I feel it so close! Why is nobody biting? Somebody start a new thread on this please!

Why not start it yourself?
08-14-2009, 09:01 PM,
Half tracks have machineguns?
"The secret to success is not just doing the things you enjoy but rather enjoying everything that you do."
08-14-2009, 10:34 PM,
Von Earlmann Wrote:Half tracks have machineguns?

Did they have them for offensive or defensive reasonds, it does make a differance ??? :stir:

Chuck