• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Kevin and Dennis and the club
08-05-2009, 06:01 AM,
Kevin and Dennis and the club
I have received a email stating the rules of the ladder.

Im happy to forfeit my two games. I will be ordering a new PC tomorrow so its a case of them building it and delivery.

I was just embarking on a major new mod for the games and was enjoying my two games and return to the ladder.

Having a wife with Aspergers Syndrome who is suffering severe depression at the moment is hard and the PC was a little solace for me. She knows this so thats what she went for. Im getting home contents insurance for next time!

Anyway I have a feeling I may have damaged my name at the club as inconsistant. I truely hope not.

Again I forfeit the games. I do hope you will jion me in new battles when Im back online.

This is my mates laptop Im using by the way.
Send this user an email
08-05-2009, 06:56 AM,
RE: Kevin and Dennis and the club
I'll save you a spot on my dancecard. Good luck, I hope everything works out for you and your family.
08-05-2009, 02:46 PM,
I can wait for you whenever you want to start again let me kow I have the file.
08-05-2009, 10:34 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-05-2009, 10:38 PM by TheBigRedOne.)
Jason,

I sent you a PM merely stating that the club has certain rules in terms of game suspensions. The typical time limit is 3 weeks to claim a victory if the person outright vanishes. After discussing it with the higher-ups here, I thought that giving you 6 weeks to get things in order was fair. More specifically, I stated that the decision to claim a victory was completely up to the people you were currently playing. If they were fine with waiting an indefinite amount of time, that was fine with me as well.

Dennis has already stated that he's fine with holding on, I'm sure that Kevin will get back as well. I just wanted to give them a time frame that they had some recourse if you potentially didn't come back. Don't take this the wrong way, but you were very active a few years back and pretty much left for a couple a years without being heard from. I merely wanted to protect the other players on the ladder if that happened again. You haven't damaged anything, Jason, real life stuff always comes first, without question. This is just a hobby. We all understand that the complexities of life often erode our game-time. That's the real-world, and we all respect that.

Keep the games on hold until you get back running. If after 6 weeks you still aren't here, it's up to your opponents to make a call. There's no need to forfeit your games as of right now.

A
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
08-06-2009, 12:34 AM,
Thanks for keeping the games open.

New PC is ordered and will be here in two to three weeks.

I was worried as I did leave the club for awhile and I knew it may look bad.

Anyway I will be back playing ASAP.
Send this user an email