• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Airpower morale, fatigue
08-05-2009, 02:30 AM,
Airpower morale, fatigue
I can never see an air unit's morale rating, and only rarely does a fatigue number show up. Is there anyway to get this information?
Quote this message in a reply
08-07-2009, 01:09 AM,
RE: Airpower morale, fatigue
I think you can see the fatigue in the air unit window. I think it only lists fatigue if the unit has any. If it is not fatigued it does not say 0 fatigue.
I don't know where you find the morale.
08-07-2009, 05:14 AM,
RE: Airpower morale, fatigue
Air units recover fatigue in between missions and during night turns when they can not fly. This means that you will rarely see fatigue if the enemy has little in the way of an effective flak umbrella. Fly an air unit into a hornets nest of flak and you will see fatigue shoot up.

That said, the air unit has to become available often to really track this fatigue. If the airfields were historically far away, (Allied for Sicily 1943) then your air units may recover most of their fatigue before they are available again in the dialog box for another mission. I think you do not see all air units in the dialog box every turn because this aspect is abstracted. The player has no real control over the refitting and availability of air assets. You are a ground commander after all!

I have even seen Axis air units at over 200 fatigue points in France 40, a game where the Allied AA ability is almost exclusively in inherent in the units and not distributed as separate AA units. I conclude from this observation that there must be a different scale for fatigue on air units than on ground units. If hit with fatigue it could be big or little. It must also be tied to planes lost. If a particular squadron is unlucky and loses several planes, fatigue goes up much quicker than in ground units.

This is all easy to see if you set up a game file with everything under your control and visible.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp