• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Banning
08-05-2009, 07:10 AM,
RE: Banning
I'm not surprised and had already suspected it with his performance on the quiz boards, but Paul has said it all already :rolleyes:
Quote this message in a reply
08-05-2009, 08:04 AM,
Been playing 4 games simultaneously with Joe and he has just notified me of being banned.

Found the guy to be a likeable and honest opponent and to read this is very surprising.

I'm not going to make judgement and condemn or condone another person.

I have my own flaws to contend with :)

With Rgds
Thomas
08-05-2009, 02:14 PM,
This bloke is presumably a terrorist, convicted pedophile, politician or such like. Well, I watch these boards with as much interest as anybody, and I haven't seen anything worth banning for years. So he makes stuff up...so do we all. He's annoying...so am I (in writing, anyway).
Is a runaway imagination, maybe a strong touch of paranoia, reason for banning?
All I see on this post are some good recommends (I played John Commisar years ago...tough opponent, taciturn).
Whilst I fully acknowledge and agree that the Club can ban who it wishes, there surely must be a good reason, and that is not apparent from this post...the only official reason being that the bloke changes his email. So have I once or twice.
Seems rather arbitrary to me.
08-05-2009, 04:37 PM,
KKR - some people take offense to death threats. I played him many years ago when he was black wolf, I had no problem with him but it was obvious he had "issues". Other people here had a much worse experiences and Jim Von Krieg tried everything he could on a personal level to keep him in the club, probably because JP said he was ex-military (said he fought in the Belgian Congo) and may have been suffering from PTSD..... anyway - who knows. It was when the constant death threats to certain members would not cease (and I believe they were quite serious) that Jim finally banned him.

What Steel God is saying (I think) is that although JP (or whatever) is behaving himself now, he doesn't want to have to go through all that again with probably the same result.

If JP has recovered from the obvious psychological problems he had, maybe with successful therapy, then it would be up to him to contact Paul Sinatra or Jim Mays on a personal level to discuss it.

I don't pretend to know all that went on with Black Wolf, but I know enough not to question what Paul has done in banning him, trust me, it is the correct decision. I hope this helps explain a little further.

with regards
08-05-2009, 06:14 PM,
Thanks Rudolph...that puts a very different complexion on the matter. I do, however remain, of the opinion that the banning post was inadequate in the justification it gave.
That said, death threats are a very serious matter, to anybody.
08-05-2009, 07:26 PM,
The person was banned "for life" by the owner of the club. That should really say it all?

Although returning under many other "handles", and somewhat controlling himself, he does reveal himself each time through his unusual behavior.

He's like herpes and old luggage? He's just always "here" and sometimes everyone can see it.

RR
08-05-2009, 08:21 PM,
I am one of the oldest members here (in age and length of membership) and I still remember Black Wolf.....not fondly either. I rarely support censorship or banning but there is an exception to every rule..........this is mine.

Earl
"The secret to success is not just doing the things you enjoy but rather enjoying everything that you do."
08-05-2009, 10:25 PM,
K K Rossokolski Wrote:I do, however remain, of the opinion that the banning post was inadequate in the justification it gave.

And you are entitled to your opinion Rod, but no where is it stated or stipulated that I have to justify actions to anyone other than the owners of the Club. My post was to inform his opponents that he would be removed from the ladders in 30 days and to claim your games if you wanted them, not to justify my actions to anyone. If you desire to continue this, please feel free to email me or PM me.
08-06-2009, 04:55 AM,
I think Rod is the grumpiest and yet likeable member of the Blitz.

He was kind enough to take me on as a student and his, "What the F--- are you doing" was a shock and I'm not one that usually puts up with that sort of training method, but put up with the crusty old bastard and learned a great deal under his instruction.

His approach and opinons in regard to subject matter might be a reflection of his lengthy military career, but I think he is really more of a Teddy Bear than Grizzly Bear once that rough exterior has been gently chisled away.

I hope he will always consider me a friend and is welcome at my house anytime.

Pat

Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

08-06-2009, 07:21 PM,
Pat, I agree with your assessment of Rod! :smoke:
I, too, would invite him into my home anytime!

I also agree with Rod's comment based on his knowledge of situation at hand. Not all "new" members knew or know of Black Wolf. And, sometimes club leadership assumes that we do?

RR