• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

HtH Etiquette
08-07-2009, 04:57 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-11-2009, 08:01 AM by Dog Soldier.)
RE: HtH Etiquette
Marquo,

I do not think That is not documented per se but it is an astute observation.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
Quote this message in a reply
08-07-2009, 06:21 AM,
Guy - if fixed units in T mode at the start of a scn causes you grief with this gamey sh!t, open a copy for the scn and set all the unit at start in T mode to be deployed and thenSAVE AS your own filename and play that one.

One huge reasoin they are in T mode at the start is for the AI - frankly I just don't trust it to logically put them in T mode on the turn they release and if they are on a road and they release while in T mode, maybe, just maybe they will move as I would like to see - that is along the road under AI control.

Glenn
Send this user an email
08-07-2009, 07:30 AM,
Also, fixed units at the edge of the board don't have to stay in T-mode. Just put them in combat mode and have 'em dig in.
08-07-2009, 07:38 AM,
jonnymacbrown Wrote:Also, fixed units at the edge of the board don't have to stay in T-mode. Just put them in combat mode and have 'em dig in.

Whatever works - jsut keep in mind when viewing the stock Scn at least, we have to consider HTH as well as play vs AI mode.
Send this user an email
08-07-2009, 08:05 AM,
Glenn Saunders Wrote:Whatever works - jsut keep in mind when viewing the stock Scn at least, we have to consider HTH as well as play vs AI mode.

But aren´t there usually different stock scenarios meant for playing as different sides (Side A vs. AI, Side B vs. AI and HTH) in most releases?
Send this user an email
08-07-2009, 12:42 PM,
Glenn is correct, and that is what I do when I start a pbem. Of course it is also wise to choose an honorable opponent.

Marquo :)
08-07-2009, 01:26 PM,
JDR Dragoon Wrote:
Glenn Saunders Wrote:Whatever works - jsut keep in mind when viewing the stock Scn at least, we have to consider HTH as well as play vs AI mode.

But aren´t there usually different stock scenarios meant for playing as different sides (Side A vs. AI, Side B vs. AI and HTH) in most releases?

My answer was not game specific - I wasn't following the entire thread - that you are posting tells me which game is being talked about.;)

Not withstanding - I never foresaw someone attacking Fixed units in T mode, and I make no apology for spending extra time trying to prevent stupidity by some HTH plyers.:smg:

Glenn
Send this user an email
08-07-2009, 01:35 PM,
Glenn, do you think it might be appropriate if someone were to make an alt scen where those units come on the mapedge and save it as a "HtH" version? Would it upset the play balance substantially? I would guess not.
08-07-2009, 01:45 PM,
Liebchen Wrote:Glenn, do you think it might be appropriate if someone were to make an alt scen where those units come on the mapedge and save it as a "HtH" version? Would it upset the play balance substantially? I would guess not.

That would work I think.

Another reason why the units might be FIXED and Release on the MAP is for ease of assigning and adjusting AI Orders.

The danger is testing a scn with the FIX units and then switching them after the fact to reinforcements is - well, in Sicily I did this and screwed up big time when critical Axis units arrived on the map and were FIXED - my screw up - but I vowed never to make that mistake again.

Glenn
Send this user an email
08-07-2009, 07:01 PM,
Ah - the joys of scenario design. I think I have made and learnt from every mistake possible while doing the Korsun_Alt scenarios....

Glenn, I can totally relate! :rolleyes: