• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Stealth Scenario Changes?
07-30-2009, 09:57 PM,
RE: Stealth Scenario Changes?
Correct me if I am wrong, but can't any unit with a firepower of 1 or greater fire starshells as long as the have 20 AP available?

Thanx!

Hawk
Quote this message in a reply
07-30-2009, 11:15 PM,
mwest Wrote:The filenames have an "N" appended at the end, and the Scenario Description contains the word "NIGHT", so the original scenarios will not be overwritten and can be identified in the Scenario Menu.

Clearly it was an oversight, as mentioned, the appended N would not have overwritten the existing file.

I will ensure both versions are available in the 1.05 UPDATE.

Jason Petho
Send this user an email
07-31-2009, 01:12 AM,
Jason Petho Wrote:I will ensure both versions are available in the 1.05 UPDATE.

Jason Petho

But, that is not the solution to the problem? :chin:

Why allow unauthorized and not play tested "modified" scenarios to become "official" stock scenarios in ver. 1.05?

Am I missing something here? :conf:
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
07-31-2009, 01:23 AM,
mwest Wrote:But, that is not the solution to the problem? :chin:

Isn't it?

Jason Petho
Send this user an email
07-31-2009, 01:28 AM,
Jason Petho Wrote:
mwest Wrote:But, that is not the solution to the problem? :chin:

Isn't it?

Jason Petho

Why allow unauthorized and not play tested "modified" scenarios to become "official" stock scenarios in ver. 1.05?

Please answer the above question... thanks!
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
07-31-2009, 01:34 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-31-2009, 01:34 AM by Jason Petho.)
mwest Wrote:Why allow unauthorized and not play tested "modified" scenarios to become "official" stock scenarios in ver. 1.05?

As explained above, it was oversight.

$hit happens.

Jason Petho
Send this user an email
07-31-2009, 01:52 AM,
Jason Petho Wrote:
mwest Wrote:Why allow unauthorized and not play tested "modified" scenarios to become "official" stock scenarios in ver. 1.05?

As explained above, it was oversight.

$hit happens.

Jason Petho

Perhaps you don't understand the point I'm trying to make here? :chin:

Yes, I understand that it was an "oversight." Yes, I understand that crap happens.

But why are you allowing it to continue? :chin: Rewarding the folks who are making unauthorized changes and not play testing the "modified" scenarios by allowing these altered scenarios to become "official" stock scenarios in the next release?

What is to stop this practice from continuing?

What about other possible unauthorized "modifications" to existing scenarios?

Personally; as a scenario designer, I don't want individuals to have the ability to go into my designs, make modifications, and then upload the modified scenario into the database.

NET: I don't believe that "allowing" two (or more? Eek) modified versions of a scenario to exist in the Blitz Club scenario databases is the correct solution to this problem - especially when the modifications are both not authorized by the original scenario designer or play tested .
Send this user an email
07-31-2009, 02:13 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-31-2009, 02:14 AM by Jason Petho.)
mwest Wrote:Perhaps you don't understand the point I'm trying to make here? :chin:
Apparently not?

mwest Wrote:Yes, I understand that it was an "oversight." Yes, I understand that crap happens.

Excellent.

mwest Wrote:But why are you allowing it to continue? :chin: Rewarding the folks who are making unauthorized changes and not play testing the "modified" scenarios by allowing these altered scenarios to become "official" stock scenarios in the next release?

Official MCS scenarios have the ** infront of them. Did these?

mwest Wrote:What is to stop this practice from continuing?
Another QA.

mwest Wrote:What about other possible unauthorized "modifications" to existing scenarios?
Anyone is free to edit any scenario they choose.

Ultimately, they should have a scenario different file name as to not overwrite the original scenario, which according to the note above they were supposed to have. Why they ended up without the addition in the scenario file name, I am unsure of, but as I stated clearly above, I will ensure both versions are available.

As noted above, overwriting an original scenario is in poor form and would NEVER BE INTENTIONALLY DONE.

mwest Wrote:Personally; as a scenario designer, I don't want individuals to have the ability to go into my designs, make modifications, and then upload the modified scenario into the database.
There's a flaw with allowing the scenario editor in the game then?

mwest Wrote:I don't believe that "allowing" two (or more? Eek) modified versions of a scenario to exist in the Blitz Club scenario databases is the correct solution to this problem.

Yes, they should be allowed as they are two different scenarios that will play completely differently.

Modifying an existing scenario does not need the original scenario designers approval when it is saved as a new scenario.

Modifying an existing scenario so it overwrites the original would require scenario designer approval.

Jason Petho
Send this user an email
07-31-2009, 03:58 AM,
Jason Petho Wrote:
mwest Wrote:But why are you allowing it to continue? :chin: Rewarding the folks who are making unauthorized changes and not play testing the "modified" scenarios by allowing these altered scenarios to become "official" stock scenarios in the next release?

Official MCS scenarios have the ** infront of them. Did these?

Jason Petho

I really did not want to see this turn into an argument or pissing match. :(

To answer Jason. No, there were not two asteriks in front of the scenario name. Nor was the "n" after the file name.
It is why I said that there was no indication that the scenario had been modded, except to see the word "NIGHT" in the description.
And it was included in the official version 1.04 release as I stated.

I did not want to mix apples to oranges either. The Blitz scenario dBASE is not an official Matrix scenario area. The scenario was listed as "stock and not available for download".
Though now, it might be nice to upload the "classic" version and make it available for download? Or should we just wait for the version 1.05 upgrade?

cheers

RR
07-31-2009, 04:04 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-31-2009, 04:17 AM by Jason Petho.)
MrRoadrunner Wrote:Though now, it might be nice to upload the "classic" version and make it available for download? Or should we just wait for the version 1.05 upgrade?

I'll zip up the original files and post them here when I get home tonight.

Unless someone emails them to me, then I can do that straight away.

Jason Petho
Send this user an email