• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Open Team Battle – For Posting Turns ONLY
08-01-2009, 07:43 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-01-2009, 08:38 AM by 2ndLt_Fjun.)
RE: Open Team Battle – For Posting Turns ONLY
Taking this one for the Brits.

Edit: Oh no. We took a casualty!
Quote this message in a reply
08-02-2009, 01:38 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-02-2009, 02:45 AM by GUNSLNGR.)
I've got this one for the Germans...

Done...Brits are up to bat

GUNSLNGR

"A man will be imprisoned in a room with a door that's unlocked and opens inwards; as long as it does not occur to him to pull rather than push."

08-02-2009, 12:48 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-02-2009, 01:32 PM by Walrus.)
I have taken this turn for the UK.

OK...we have a problem here.
This turn is showing as UK T4 and I checked and found the UK had already sit-rep this turn and I think one more as well (T5).

I think I should have been playing UK T6...is that correct?

So, Gunslngr...the files need to be re-zipped and re-uploaded.

I just DL the file showing in the post before this one, and this is the first turn I have tried to play, so I don't see how I have made a mistake.

Walrus
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
08-02-2009, 01:51 PM,
I believe there has been something of a mix-up at turn 4. I noticed in the replay of Brit turn 5, I didn't see the casualty mentioned by Fred...wasn't sure if it was something I couldn't see or merely subterfuge by the Brits.

Perhaps I DL'd Brit turn 4 instead of turn 5? So, the loading error would be at least one rung up the ladder before me. Fred?

Walrus - this is the only turn I've played, so to attach again would be the same file.

GUNSLNGR

"A man will be imprisoned in a room with a door that's unlocked and opens inwards; as long as it does not occur to him to pull rather than push."

08-02-2009, 02:06 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-02-2009, 02:11 PM by Cross.)
Walrus is right, that he should be seeing turn 6 (a).

2Lt Fjun played turn 3 and 5 for the British. If after playing turn 5, he uploaded turn 3 files again instead of the turn 5 files, then Gunslngr would have seen turn 3 during his turn (if he happened to look).

Then Gunslngr would have uploaded turn 3b and that would explain why Walrus has seen turn 4.

If the above is correct, then 2Lt Fjun just needs to upload the correct turn 5a files. Then any member of the German team can play turn 5b.

EDIT: OK, the above is what must have happened, because 2Lt Fjun's turn 3 and turn 5 file sizes both weigh exactly 324.47kb. Coincidence? I think not.

I'll send 2Lt Fjun an email.
08-02-2009, 05:03 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-02-2009, 07:00 PM by 2ndLt_Fjun.)
Not a co-incidence I'm afraid. Downloaded both my files and they contain files with exactly the same date. Must have played the files on one installation and then zipped the files from my other WW2 installation. Try these instead (check the turn number before playing it).

Sorry Nick and Jason for the confusion and unnecessary work I put you through
08-02-2009, 10:28 PM,
These things happen, even with only two players.Big Grin

Any German player can play turn 5b, except Stonefire who played turn 4b. :chin:
08-02-2009, 11:18 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-03-2009, 12:30 AM by GUNSLNGR.)
No worries Fred. I've got this one for Germany...

EDIT:

Back to the Brits for their turn 6...we should be back on track.

GUNSLNGR

08-03-2009, 05:50 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-03-2009, 07:02 AM by seabolt.)
It looks like Walrus got winkled out of his chance to set the rest of us Brits straight, so I'll take the opportunity to add to the chaos while it's here.

Grabbing Brit Turn 6 now.

EDIT: I like these Germans! They fall down easy! ;)
08-07-2009, 03:59 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-07-2009, 04:23 AM by DoubleDeuce.)
I'm off from work during the day today so I got this one.

EDIT: Uploaded T7 for the Brits.