• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Open Team Battle - Discussion
08-10-2009, 04:58 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-10-2009, 05:01 AM by Stonefire.)
RE: Open Team Battle - Discussion
Sorry Cross - seems I haven't read the rules thorougly enough.:(
It will not happen again.
Quote this message in a reply
08-10-2009, 09:11 AM,
Just an FYI. I'm gonna grab the turn, just busy with work today and tonight. Should have it done and reposted by mid-day tomorrow at the latest.
08-11-2009, 11:15 AM,
Not very sportsman like to not leave anything, but a few meager paras, for me to shoot at...sad really.

GUNSLNGR

"A man will be imprisoned in a room with a door that's unlocked and opens inwards; as long as it does not occur to him to pull rather than push."

08-11-2009, 01:16 PM,
GUNSLNGR Wrote:Not very sportsman like to not leave anything, but a few meager paras, for me to shoot at...sad really.

I believe some dude named Model said the exact same thing at Arnhem.
08-12-2009, 04:40 AM,
seabolt Wrote:I believe some dude named Model said the exact same thing at Arnhem.

I believe you are correct, and we are hoping for a similar result - any cooperation you guys could provide in that vein, would be greatly appreciated.;)

GUNSLNGR

"A man will be imprisoned in a room with a door that's unlocked and opens inwards; as long as it does not occur to him to pull rather than push."

08-12-2009, 09:09 AM,
GUNSLNGR Wrote:
seabolt Wrote:I believe some dude named Model said the exact same thing at Arnhem.

I believe you are correct, and we are hoping for a similar result - any cooperation you guys could provide in that vein, would be greatly appreciated.;)

By "similar result" I'm assuming you don't mean the fact that a few meager Paras (those that were actually dropped close to Arnhem) while completely cut off and without supply, were able to hold off for over a week and seriously damage two whole SS Panzer Divisions? Big Grin
08-12-2009, 12:39 PM,
Cross Wrote:By "similar result" I'm assuming you don't mean the fact that a few meager Paras (those that were actually dropped close to Arnhem) while completely cut off and without supply, were able to hold off for over a week and seriously damage two whole SS Panzer Divisions? Big Grin

Yea, somewhere in Hades old Pyrrhus of Epirus watched those legions of baffled landsers come straggling in and guffawed, "You boys make me look good!"
08-12-2009, 01:12 PM,
seabolt Wrote:Yea, somewhere in Hades old Pyrrhus of Epirus watched those legions of baffled landsers come straggling in and guffawed, "You boys make me look good!"

Would that not have been a "Pyrrhic Defeat" rather than a "Pyrrhic Victory". In a pinch, I'll take the later...

GUNSLNGR

08-13-2009, 10:44 AM,
Come on you Germans!
Good game is a fast game eh.
Surely one of the five of you can play a turn?
This has gone beyond sluggish and is becoming glacial.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
08-13-2009, 01:02 PM,
Walrus Wrote:Come on you Germans!

They're scared. I'm up next in the rotation.

Hide your panzers and your girlfriends! I'ma puttin' on my blue suede combat boots! ;)

(No, really. ;););) I mock my own hubris. I know someone out there is sitting back thinking, "My that fellow is full of himself.")