• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Open Team Battle - Discussion
08-06-2009, 01:54 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-06-2009, 01:55 AM by Cross.)
RE: Open Team Battle - Discussion
I'm also a bit surprised that - with a team of 5 players - no one has been able to play the next turn yet.:chin:

Hmmm...have our early successes made the German commanders a bit timid? :stir:

Imp,
If anyone needs more than 2 hours, then just ask for more time when downloading the turn. I'm sure no one will have a problem with that.

The 2 hour 'rule' is just to encourage players not to download the turn for themselves, and then 'sit on it' until the next day or something, when other team members are ready and able to play it right away.

As for having to read all those boring sitreps your team mates have sent you Big Grin I wouldn't bother, they are probably just filled with spin and exagerated claims. :rolleyes:

Instead, listen to the Normandy regional commander:

“In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it.”

Field Marshal Erwin Rommel
Quote this message in a reply
08-06-2009, 03:22 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-06-2009, 10:53 AM by GUNSLNGR.)
Cross Wrote:As for having to read all those boring sitreps your team mates have sent you Big Grin I wouldn't bother, they are probably just filled with spin and exagerated claims. :rolleyes:

Instead, listen to the Normandy regional commander:

“In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it.”

Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

I resent that...any way Rommel was over rated.:)

I can take this turn for Germany, but according to the rules I can't play two in a row.

Team axis....where are you???

EDIT:

If ya'll on the British side are amenable, I'll take the turn just to keep the game going. I won't, until someone on that side verifies they are OK with it. In the meantime, maybe one of my teammates will pony up.

GUNSLNGR

"A man will be imprisoned in a room with a door that's unlocked and opens inwards; as long as it does not occur to him to pull rather than push."

08-06-2009, 11:11 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-06-2009, 11:12 PM by Cross.)
GUNSLNGR Wrote:EDIT:

If ya'll on the British side are amenable, I'll take the turn just to keep the game going. I won't, until someone on that side verifies they are OK with it. In the meantime, maybe one of my teammates will pony up.

Hi Gunslngr,

Personally, I think the ban on playing two consecutive turns is a fair rule.

I'm sure one of you guys will get a free hour soon.

Someone on your team could send Lt. Ketch email and see if he is available. I know he said he was limited when he signed up, but you never know...

Another possibility, if you guys are all that busy, is for Double_Deuce to recruit another player or two for the German team. Just send them your sitreps and the German password and they're in...
08-07-2009, 12:38 AM,
Come on Germans.. you only lost a few halftracks so far.. :)
08-07-2009, 05:31 AM,
I played and posted Turn 6 for the Germans. Back to the Brits now.
08-07-2009, 06:53 AM,
2ndLt_Fjun Wrote:Come on Germans.. you only lost a few halftracks so far.. :)

There's a Tiger out there I have my sights on. Mmmmm, 159 points of crunchy goodness! ;)
08-07-2009, 07:49 AM,
This battle is heating up.

The German battalion lost another halftrack, and a few troops.

I'll get a sitrep out to the British team as soon as I get a chance.
08-08-2009, 08:57 AM,
Imp Wrote:Okay putting it back for some one else & sending team an email. Sorry but tried downloading previous turn to to get a picture of what we are up to & frankly I have no idea so will probably destroy the plan???

Come on Imp, you guys don't need a plan!

A German plan probably doesn't even exist. You just need to listen to Rommel: find something and kill it. :kill:
08-08-2009, 03:08 PM,
I think Herr Hitler has gone & stuck his oar in getting us in a bit of a pickle. He will probably be most upset if we go & squander his forces, killing something might help, or even a little damage:whis: Still we can always follow Gorings example & blame every thing but ourselves, dummkopfs I feel a firing squad in the wings.
08-10-2009, 03:25 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-10-2009, 03:26 AM by Cross.)
Stonefire Wrote:Have downloaded the file - just to look at the replay.

Hi Stonefire,

In our original 'rules' we decided that players should not download turns to review the replay, but should have to rely on their team member who played the turn to let them know what's going on.

This system keeps the files from multiple downloads, and the possibility that team members may be tempted to play out the turn even though someone else on their team is actually playing the turn.
It also creates greater fog-of-war, which is both good and bad.

As long as your team is sending half decent sitreps, you should be 'in the picture'. And effective communication is a big part of the challenge of this sort of battle.

That said, if most people think that we should all be able to view replays, then perhaps we should consider it.