• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

The need for the CD in the drive to be removed by HPS!
07-25-2009, 06:58 PM,
RE: The need for the CD in the drive to be removed by HPS!
Gordons HQ Wrote:Great news from HPS and best support for games I've ever come across. Long may they continue the good the great work.

Gordon

Indeed, the fact they patch all the old games to the latest level has been the single most important decision that HPS made as it has kept the whole series alive! :)
Quote this message in a reply
07-11-2010, 12:15 AM,
Any update on this? My desktop drive is a mess. Guess I'm getting spoiled by matrix, steam, direct2drive, gamersgate etc...
07-11-2010, 01:04 AM,
Well, you can already do this with the Gettysburg(no CD required) game so I assume all the Civil War ones work the same way already.
07-11-2010, 02:04 AM,
(07-11-2010, 01:04 AM)Deturk Wrote: Well, you can already do this with the Gettysburg(no CD required) game so I assume all the Civil War ones work the same way already.

And Sealion '41. No CD needed to play.
07-12-2010, 03:09 PM,
(07-11-2010, 12:15 AM)cmurphy625 Wrote: Any update on this? My desktop drive is a mess. Guess I'm getting spoiled by matrix, steam, direct2drive, gamersgate etc...

From what Rich Hamilton has posted over on Consimworld (iirc it was June 2010 might have been May), John Tiller has something come up that has impacted his programming time, and Rich projected that the earliest this might resume happening would be this Fall. I got the impression that whatever this was -that it wasn't really planned for.

DeTurk - no not all Civil War titles are coded without the CD check; the no cd check coding started after the latest round of CWB series patches started coming out -so there are a few that still need the patch. I think that anything patched from July 2009 onward should be good to go without the CD in the drive. The ones that haven't been done yet are scheduled to have it removed during the next round of patches.
Bydand
Send this user an email
07-13-2010, 02:17 AM,
Squad Battles is currently the only series in which all games are up to the No CD Check standard....
07-13-2010, 02:53 AM,
As each older title is updated they will be coded for no CD check just like any other enhancement to the various game series.
Send this user an email