• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Open Team Battle – Forming Two Teams
07-24-2009, 06:00 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-24-2009, 06:03 AM by Cross.)
RE: Open Team Battle – Forming Two Teams
Imp Wrote:Just a thought.
Can we keep the thread where saves are posted strictly for posting save & game taken messages, or perhaps a seperate thread for each side so notifications are relevant.
Another thread could be started for comments etc or post them in this one.

I was thinking we would use a dedicated thread to upload turns and briefly post a comment (like you do when you send a turn to an opponent via email).

We could possibly request a password protected thread; but I'd rather leave it public, and let anyone wander in and read whats going on. We'll just have to request at the start of the thread in big CAPS that people not post there, and instead provide a link - as Imp sugggested - to this or another thread for comments, questions, peanut gallery...

Anyone any additional thoughts about that?

---
Good news about Roberto. I'll put Roberto as confirmed for the British team.
Which gives us 4 a side.

Lt Ketch, welcome :cool: do you have a team preference?

I'll put you on the team of your choice.

Which will give us teams of 4 and 5. We may want to limit this to 5 a team until we have a better idea how it's going to play.
Quote this message in a reply
07-24-2009, 05:49 PM,
Cross Wrote:I was thinking we would use a dedicated thread to upload turns and briefly post a comment (like you do when you send a turn to an opponent via email).
That sounds like a plan to me. ;)
07-24-2009, 09:11 PM,
I'm in too if you're still looking for players. I'd like to go with the British side and continue the good co-operation with Walrus and Seabolt from the ET tourament.. Eek
07-24-2009, 10:04 PM,
2ndLt_Fjun Wrote:I'm in too if you're still looking for players. I'd like to go with the British side and continue the good co-operation with Walrus and Seabolt from the ET tourament.. Eek

Hi 2ndLt_Fjun, and welcome :)

As Lt. Ketch has not expressed a preference, we can put you on the British team and Lt. Ketch on the German team.

That is now 5 a side, so let's consider the recruitment office closed for now.

I will send you an email with contact info. and the battle preferences.

Please send me which of the 000 to 004 slots you have open, and if you have the CD version.

All team members,

I hope to do the set up and get the battle started today, but we still need to nail down a common slot.

If you haven't sent me your available slots yet, please do so ASAP. Whip

Thanks
07-25-2009, 12:11 AM,
2ndLt_Fjun Wrote:continue the good co-operation with Walrus and Seabolt from the ET tourament.. Eek

That, and we have the best Happy Hour. At least, until the Walrus exceeds his limit of Shirley Temples and someone ends up with a dart embedded in the side of their skull ...
07-25-2009, 11:45 PM,
I sent over the game to DD last night.

He has to approve the map and V hexes, pick forces, deploy and then email back to me.

I will then deploy and take the first British turn; email it back to DD who will take the first German turn, and then post the game to a thread I will have started.

Is there a way to subscribe to a thread you haven't posted on?
If not we'll all just have to briefly post on the thread to subscribe.

I will send out an email to the British team with a description of our Battalion (what toys we have) and our battle plan. I'm working on it now.

BTW, I added text to the map. I went through and numbered most of the fields 1 to 95. This may help some people quickly describe sectors without having to use hex references. If you don't like it, just hit hotkey 'M' to turn off map text.

We only have 20 v hexes. 10 British and 10 German. Each has its 'twin' that is an equal distance from the centre line, but not exactly opposite.

I used slot 004.
07-26-2009, 12:38 PM,
Good stuff there Boss.
I think this will be very interesting indeed.
Looking forward to having my turn.

Cheers
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
07-27-2009, 11:21 PM,
Sorry. I went a AWOL for my anniversery. I'm happy with where I ended up. I'm looking forward to seeing how this works.
07-28-2009, 04:51 AM,
Looking forward to this game :-)
07-29-2009, 07:49 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-29-2009, 08:32 PM by DoubleDeuce.)
I have picked and deployed the German forces. I emailed the team members with the team's Pbem PW and a screenshot of the map with the general plan and operational graphics. Right now I am showing the German Commanders as Gunslngr, Imp, Stonefire and Lt. Ketch.