• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Open Team Battle – Forming Two Teams
07-24-2009, 01:08 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-24-2009, 01:15 AM by Imp.)
RE: Open Team Battle – Forming Two Teams
I am in either side if Germans thats 3 a piece so far
Quote this message in a reply
07-24-2009, 01:16 AM,
Go ahead and tentatively write in RVPERTVS for the British. If he's not in Cuba chasing women I'm going to get Roberto on board.
07-24-2009, 01:22 AM,
I should add that the community planning and execution required here should make this a good learning experience. If you're a lurking newcomer and wanting to learn more about the game, step up. Should be a really solid tutorial.
07-24-2009, 01:52 AM,
Me personally, I think the penalty for 2 hours is a good idea with the following caveat.

If someone downloads a turn, they have two hours to post the next turn, OR another post explaining that they can't do it (because of the aforementioned crisis). Life does happen, and if you download it and intend to play it and then the missus grabs you, just call no joy and put the turn "back up for grabs".

I realize that runs afoul of the No multiple downloads rule" but I think it's fair to acknowledge that life gets in the way sometimes.

I'm not playing, just offering the opinion of a guy who has spent a day or two moderating things.

Best of luck with it, looks like a capital idea.
07-24-2009, 02:01 AM,
Imp Wrote:I am in either side if Germans thats 3 a piece so far

Great! I've put you on the German team Imp.

I also put RVPERTVS as a 'tentative' for the British.

That's at least 3 a side now, with a possible 4 on the British team; which is enough to get this expedition rolling. We can always add a couple more later. In fact, like Seabolt said, 'step up', there's still time.

I will send out an email to everyone (but not RVPERTVS yet) with contact info. and a copy of the 'Preferences' that Double_Deuce and I agreed to.

I'd rather not hash out prefs with 6 people, or we'll get at least 7 different opinions Big Grin But if there's something you feel strongly about, let your team leader know, as we still have time to negotiate.

We did not include Blitz artillery rules, which many people are not familiar with. But there is the more standard 10% limit to arty.

After you get the email from me, let me know which slots you have available. I believe the Non CD slots, are 000-004? Hopefully there's a slot that everyone has available, otherwise we'll try to decide based on who signed up first.

---

I like what SteelGod had to say. I guess that should come under the
"the opposing team reserves the right to impose a penalty of 100 plus 10 per hour if it happens more than once".

An explanation of what went wrong, would obviously be taken into account. Especially things like 'My dog ate my mouse' :rolleyes:
07-24-2009, 03:58 AM,
Hi sounds really interesting - Im in - if there are room for it - either side will do ;-)

Regards

Stonefire
07-24-2009, 05:09 AM,
Stonefire Wrote:Hi sounds really interesting - Im in - if there are room for it - either side will do ;-)

Regards
Stonefire

Good to hear from you Stonefire. We haven't met on the battlefield for quite a while.

How about you go on the German side; then that gives us 4 on the German team, and 3 possibly 4 on the British team.

I'll get the contact info and prefs out later today.
07-24-2009, 05:10 AM,
Just a thought.
Can we keep the thread where saves are posted strictly for posting save & game taken messages, or perhaps a seperate thread for each side so notifications are relevant.
Another thread could be started for comments etc or post them in this one.

Germans currently in training rather than SS we are DDs so have a way to go yet. Now if we were talking chest size we could be out front.
07-24-2009, 05:44 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-24-2009, 05:45 AM by seabolt.)
RVPERTVS just got back from Costa Rica rather than Cuba this time. My bad. :rolleyes: He confirms he's game, however.

EDIT: He's young. He'll recuperate quickly ...
07-24-2009, 05:55 AM,
I'm interested but am limited, even with the freedom this allows. If you need one more player to get it off the ground let me know. Otherwise I will watch this with great interest.