• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Rules regarding exiting units
07-27-2009, 08:21 PM,
RE: Rules regarding exiting units
Scud Wrote:Yep, agreed. One opponent and I have already agreed to exit trucks. I think it's fair as long as both player's agree. I haven't played too many scenarios where it matters a whole lot, except ones with smaller maps where you can lob blind artillery shots into the enemy's rear in hopes of finding a truck farm.

Hi David: :)

Yes, I agree with your ROE that transport should be able to exit the mapboard.

From a "realism" perspective, why would transport units; after dropping off their passengers, have a need to linger within the combat zone? :chin:

Just makes "good sense" and "good tactical" sense to get your empty transport units the heck out of the enemy LOF! :smoke:
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
07-27-2009, 11:21 PM,
RE: Rules regarding exiting units
I'm chiming in late as usual, but I agree with most of the posters, I think. Exiting transports is completely fair and reasonable. I also think it is reasonable that badly beat up unit trapped against the edge should be allowed to exit.

Is it fair that the attacker cannot pursue off the map, maybe, but having to keep units on the map to be picked off one by one seems gratuitous.

And as others have said, if the scenario was well designed, the defender should be forced in some way to defend or lose. Now there are mulitples ways to do this. A retreat or breakout scenario should have exit hexes that determine victory. A meeting engagement (i.e. no attacker/defender) or a standard attack/assault scenario should have enough VPs on the map to get at least a draw, and most likely a minor victory.

Anyway, those are my thoughts.

Mike
Quote this message in a reply