• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Defence values of allied Inf in F40 strategy scn
07-16-2009, 02:54 AM,
Defence values of allied Inf in F40 strategy scn
In the campaign with the strategy options no fix,Its all good but what about the allied infantry. The Belgians and French are 12 while the British are 10 , what gives? I do not know much about 1940 but the BEF performed better than either of these two for sure ... is it a mistake . Its not a stock scn and I cannot find any readme file talking about any changes ?

Cav
Quote this message in a reply
07-16-2009, 03:46 AM,
RE: Defence values of allied Inf in F40 strategy scn
I am at work so I can't check directly, but I believe all the British infantry is motorized. And you are comparing to the foot infantry of the other nations, right? So the British when deployed use the default 16, the 10 only applies when in travel mode (and then halved) so they are better, significantly.

Does that explain things correctly? If I missed anything let me know and I will check from home tonight!

Thanks
Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
07-16-2009, 03:48 AM,
Also, just downloaded the zipped files from here at the Blitz, I assume that is where you got it, and there is a "read me 1st.txt file" although I don't remember David changing the defense ratings for any of the infantry from the stock. So it may not be discussed in there, but there is the file to read at least!

Thanks
Rick
07-17-2009, 01:40 PM,
Rick,

You are correct. I checked my copy of the scenario. The British infantry has a defense factor of 16 when deployed and a 10 when mounted in trucks.

French infantry have defense values of 12, 14 qnd 16 depending on the division they are in. Some were just better than others. So Cav's comments are an over simplification. The same is true for the Belgians.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
07-20-2009, 04:29 AM,
OK an error sorry

however I still wonder why there is such variation in T mode ??

Cav
07-20-2009, 06:53 AM,
An error with what? I don't see an error with your question or the values???

As to the variation, I assume still, as above, that you are comparing the British motorized troops against the foot troops, in travel mode, which would explain the variation right there - big vulnerable trucks versus men spread out under cover. If the variation among the foot troops, whether in travel mode or not, it is a factor of their skill, training and experience, and thus ability/knowledge to avoid being easily killed in battle.

Rick
07-20-2009, 12:16 PM,
cavalry corps Wrote:OK an error sorry

however I still wonder why there is such variation in T mode ??

Cav

Rick is right. It was meant to show differences between troops...

Also, unit with lower defense will fatigue faster... ;)
Send this user an email