• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Long War Scenarios Released
09-20-2009, 11:53 AM,
Smile  Long War Scenarios Released
Four new scenarios are complete, and ready to be played and reported. They focus on Canadian forces in Afhganistan. Many thanks to everyone who helped out: Ozgur, BigRedOne, fastphil, Alpha Zwo and Rabbit, who I pestered constantly. If you enjoy them, you can thank him. ;) Go to http://tfe4.wordpress.com/ to download them, and make sure you've updated TLW to version 2.1 as well. Here are briefings for the scenarios:

Contact Charlie – Nowhere to Squirt

Kandahar Province, June 12, 2006

When Leiutenant-Colonel Ian Hope learned that the Taliban were reportedly massing near the village of Seyyedin, in the heart of the Panwaji District, Charlie Company was sent to root them out and destroy them. Knowing of the the Taliban’s uncanny ability to escape, Major Bill Fletcher devised a plan that would surround the village on all sides, and in his own words, “give them nowhere to squirt.”

On June 12, 2006, Charlie Company entered the village, and flushed out a group of Taliban, who holed up in a grape drying hut. The huts metre thick mud walls gave them an excellent defensive position, but they were surrounded, and in a day long firefight, all were killed or captured.

Contact Charlie – Ambush Patrol

Kandahar Province – May 30, 2006

A group of Taliban fighters had been ambushing traffic on Highway One, and Charlie Company was tasked to stop them. The company began a series of patrols, both day and night, to learn the terrain, and attempt to engage and destroy the Taliban cell. 9 Platoon was given the job of night patrol, but after hours of presenting their LAV IIIs as tempting targets while the dismounted rifle men patrolled, they still had not made contact. Tired and disappointed, the platoon crowded into their vehicles to head home.

Note: The Night Vision is important in this scenario. Fire it into a hex to scout ahead, and it must be fired first before other weapons can fire.

Hydarabad – Dawn Raid

Helmand Province – July 27, 2006

During Operation Mountain Thrust, Canadian forces of the 1 Princess Patricia’s Canadian Light Infantry were sent to destroy a bomb making factory. Elements of Recce Platoon were to complete the mission, while 2 Platoon of Alpha Company, nicknamed the ‘Red Devils’, assisted with their extraction. When the recce force came under fire, the Red Devils charged in to help them.

Van Doos in Lacookhal

A hypothetical scenario based on a small firefight between twenty Van Doos, and about half that amount of Taliban fighters, in the village of Lacookhal. The Van Doos were investigating the village when they came under mortar, RPG and small arms fire. After a forty-five minute firefight the Taliban were driven off, with no Canadian casualties.

I'm a hussar, I'm a Hun,  I'm a wretched Englishman
Routing Bonaparte at Waterloo
I'm a dragoon on a dun, I'm a Cossack on the run
I'm a horse soldier, timeless, through and through

Corb Lund - Horse Soldier, Horse Soldier

Quote this message in a reply
09-21-2009, 10:40 PM,
RE: Long War Scenarios Released
Thanks for posting this, Mad Dog, I was planning on doing it this weekend, but having a 19mo and 7mo old kinda takes up much of my weekend time!

The scenario pack is available at Task Force Echo Four for those interested in these fine scenarios!

A
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
09-23-2009, 11:06 AM,
Looking forward to getting my teeth into these scenarios.

Good work and thanks Abram.
09-23-2009, 03:17 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-23-2009, 03:17 PM by Atle.)
Thumbs_Up  RE: Long War Scenarios Released
I have tried two of them now, and they are great. Highly recommended! Thanks for sharing these with us :)
09-24-2009, 03:17 AM,
Atle Wrote:I have tried two of them now, and they are great. Highly recommended! Thanks for sharing these with us :)

They really are.

I tried them out before uploading it to the site to make sure that they worked OK and they were quite good. Good to see more content for the series coming out. The past few years with the new releases plus the mods and graphics stuff, it's really been a nice re-emergence of the series.

Good stuff all.
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
09-27-2009, 01:14 AM,
Thanks to anyone who downloads them, I hope you enjoy them. I'd appreciate any comments or suggestions as well, post them here, or send me an email.

I'm a hussar, I'm a Hun,  I'm a wretched Englishman
Routing Bonaparte at Waterloo
I'm a dragoon on a dun, I'm a Cossack on the run
I'm a horse soldier, timeless, through and through

Corb Lund - Horse Soldier, Horse Soldier