• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

game help - tech
07-04-2009, 08:40 AM,
c_Question Mark  game help - tech
I've been trying to get a RS game going with an opponent, but continue keep getting this message: "File does not have a program associated with it".

Any assistance appreciated.

Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Quote this message in a reply
07-04-2009, 12:30 PM,
RE: game help - tech
I'm going to assume you put the file in the main hierarchy of the Rising Sun directory. If so, try right clicking on the .bte file and choose "open with..." then the second radio button—"select program from a list" then browse to the rising sun application. Notice on the last screen you can select "always use the selected program to open this kind of file." Since all the files are .bte extensions you should probably leave this unchecked or WF and EFII games might default to it. Normally you could check it to reassociate file extensions to a program.

If this doesn't work then I'd have to assume a corruption of some kind, either to the app or the emailed file. Do other Rising Sun pbem files open? If not, then time for a reinstall.

Lastly, are you both playing the same version Talonsoft or Matrix?
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply