• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Advance of the Reich
07-02-2009, 03:54 AM,
Advance of the Reich
Hi guys. I was about to order Squad Battles Advance of the Reich when I noticed it does not mention PBEMas other games do. Does the game not have PBEM multi player option? Thanks.

Caius
Quote this message in a reply
07-02-2009, 04:15 AM,
RE: Advance of the Reich
Caius Wrote:Hi guys. I was about to order Squad Battles Advance of the Reich when I noticed it does not mention PBEMas other games do. Does the game not have PBEM multi player option? Thanks.

Caius

Hey Caius,

All the SB games are PBEM ready. No problems there. Make sure you check out Task Force Echo 4's website for all the post-release scenarios and art/sound mods for the game. There's some really good stuff in there. The site can be found here, along with other good SB sites.

Welcome!

A
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
07-02-2009, 05:01 AM,
Thanks for the info T B Red One. I have the two Vietnam SB games. I didn’t think a game from same series would not have PBEM. Just wanted to make sure. Thanks also for the links.

Caius
07-02-2009, 07:12 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-02-2009, 07:13 AM by Ozgur Budak.)
Hi Caius, although most of the stock AOTR scenarios were designed for solo play you can find dozens of custom scenarios that give priorty to pbem play in TFE4. There are many ASL conversions there too.
07-02-2009, 07:52 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-02-2009, 07:59 AM by Rabbit.)
Hi Caius,

I went through the SB database of reported games played and came up with the following table (see image below) that shows the number of games played per SB title. The totals are definitely skewed by when the games were released, but it should put you at ease knowing that AotR has the second-most number of games reported - and by a pretty good margin too.

The last two columns of the table can be used as a rough metric of how evenly balanced each title is. Note that the "SIDE 1 win %" column ignores draws. Also keep in mind these percentages have not been normalized to account for the scenarios that Ozgur tends to play the most. ;)

And remind me not to start any "The Proud and the Few" scenarios. Yikes.

Bill

[Image: ScenarioRecords.jpg]
07-03-2009, 01:28 AM,
Thanks for the quick response and helpful information guys. I ordered AOTR yesterday. Should be here next week

Caius
07-03-2009, 02:05 AM,
Rabbit Wrote:Hi Caius,

I went through the SB database of reported games played and came up with the following table (see image below) that shows the number of games played per SB title. The totals are definitely skewed by when the games were released, but it should put you at ease knowing that AotR has the second-most number of games reported - and by a pretty good margin too.

The last two columns of the table can be used as a rough metric of how evenly balanced each title is. Note that the "SIDE 1 win %" column ignores draws. Also keep in mind these percentages have not been normalized to account for the scenarios that Ozgur tends to play the most. ;)

And remind me not to start any "The Proud and the Few" scenarios. Yikes.

Bill

[Image: ScenarioRecords.jpg]

Nice chart, good to see it all displayed there!

Oz doesn't play the most, that usually goes to Landser34, but Oz does win the most!

:)
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4