• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

"Main Event V" Play-by-play man needed...
07-02-2009, 03:28 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-09-2009, 12:28 AM by Der Kuenstler.)
"Main Event V" Play-by-play man needed...
A play-by-play man is needed for the next Main Event, which will likely be a battle between current ELO champions - Owl and myself.

The ideal person would be:
1) someone with a good knowledge of CM
2) Possession of some basic photo editing software
3) Knowledge of how to post game screenshots with text
4) Skilled enough at writing to describe the battle and keep readers interested (a dash of humor helps)
5) Enough free time to develop the screenshots and report, which may take an hour a day

I already contacted Ratzki - he would prefer to have someone else call this next one but will step up again if no one else is interested.

Post here if interested....
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift
Quote this message in a reply
07-03-2009, 05:08 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-09-2009, 12:27 AM by Der Kuenstler.)
RE: "Main Event V" Play-by-play man needed...
I am sure there has to be someone out there who would not mind taking this very rewarding task on. Think of all the glory and fame that you will receive. Maybe even a parade in your honour... Plus, you get to see first hand, how someone else plays the game from turn to turn. Maybe get an in on how to spank these guys, and knock one of these two or both from their positions atop the ladder here. Shark2
07-03-2009, 06:55 PM,
As a small incentive to the right candidate there will be a bonus. ;)

Ratzki, yours is in the mail. :)
[Image: Tiger-Sig2.jpg]
Send this user an email
07-05-2009, 12:50 PM,
Please do not make me beg for someone to step forward.....
07-05-2009, 08:29 PM,
If no one else will do it I will, can't guarantee i'll get an update every day due to work but i'm sure i can manage an average of 7 hours a week on this :)
07-05-2009, 09:50 PM,
Email sent to you, Jonathan - thanks! Schwerpunkt has also emailed me yesterday that he was thinking about it.
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift
07-06-2009, 01:36 AM,
Joony, DK just sent me an email and mentioned that we could collaborate on this. I have thought about it and have some ideas that may be very entertaining and different. I'll send you an email/PM.

Mark
07-06-2009, 05:11 AM,
:bow:

Thanks guys, I was already to start tying a noose with my mouse cord.
07-06-2009, 05:33 AM,
Thanks Ratzki - I think this will work out good with you doing the tournament already. And having two announcers should add an interesting twist. It looks like it will all get going at the beginning of August when Owl and I get back from our vacations.
08-06-2009, 01:09 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-06-2009, 01:10 AM by Joonny.)
We are ready to go guys!

Map is included in this post.

Your forces please gentleman. Please bare in mind when purchasing your forces that both sides have an armored Plt assigned to them, and these forces will be in contact at the start of the battle.

Set up a battle as follows

[Image: main-event.jpg]
[Image: main-event-2.jpg]

Then pick your forces, send the file to your opponent, your opponent will pick the forces then send me the file and both of you will need to send me your passwords.

Then I will input these forces into the scenario file, this way any random exp level boosts or cuts can be included and will make the game more interesting to watch and play.

Obviously only one of you needs to set up the battle :)

[email protected]

Thanks

Edit: It won't let me attatch the map file so email me for it :)