• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

question for Volcano Man
07-02-2009, 04:45 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-02-2009, 07:32 PM by Volcano Man.)
RE: question for Volcano Man
Dog Soldier Wrote:Downgrading the German armor will make them more brittle. It will also reduce their mobility, if that is your aim Ed.

Yes, I know what it will do. :cheeky: Just like how raising the quality of all the soviet armor would increase their mobility and make them less brittle. But again, I just want to avoid getting into a quality level arms race by simply raising all the unit qualities to match German uber quality levels that are not really justified to begin with (it is all debatable of course). To me, it is more desirable to adjust for what the stock game has given these German units to compensate for lesser effective combat ratings. The soviet quality will remain unchanged, that is a fundamental approach in the _Alts. If anyone disagrees with this approach then they can adjust quality levels for fit their needs. It definitely works though *if* all the other aspects are set correctly (see the latest Kursk, Korsun, Minsk Alts).

This of course is intentional if everyone is complaining about the ineffectiveness of T-34s vs the German panzers, which is certainly not the desire here. I don't really see the need why the German panzers need to have A quality, especially in Stalingrad (a battle that they lost obviously). I don't think that changing them from A to B (most of them anyway) will cause greatly detrimental effects to German superiority here. ;)

*corrected some typos*
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply