• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

F 40 Campaign
07-01-2009, 06:53 AM,
RE: F 40 Campaign
To add to the confusion, if you choose to play F40_Alt, it has been made so that all the Alt resolution rules are no longer needed, only the Alt Assault Resolution rule. ;)
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
07-01-2009, 07:00 AM,
Hi Volcano Man! May I ask what changes you deemed necessary, or better said, what did you do to shift the game in another direction? Or would that entail giving away professional secrets? J
07-01-2009, 07:57 AM,
Krak Wrote:Well Germany is on track for a victory but more like a WWI slugfest than a Blitzkrieg. Without the fixed Allied units Marty has employed a defence in depth which has limited my ability to acheive a significant breakthru. Mostly small incursions here an there whereupon I round up a few divisions at most.

However the maintenance of his multiple defence lines perhaps diminishes his ability to inflict serious German losses. Thus ultimately the Allies will run out of men and I will breakthru by default.

Casualties are up around 250K for the Allies and 65K for Germany. My tanks are in very good shape (thanks to a 6% recovery rate) but the Allied armour must be down to less than 50% strength I would think.

Its a fun game but it still needs some tinkering. Pro German IMO. We aren't using the alt fire rules. IMO they don't work so good.

If you want to play a game that reflects a more historical outcome play one of the stock CG but adjust the VP schedule as they are heavily in favour of Germany.

Just my take on it.

I would like to make it quite clear that this brief sitrep was in no way intended as criticism of the scenario, its designers, playtesters or my opponents tactics. Its a great CG, a lot of fun and Marty is an excellent player.

cheers
07-01-2009, 10:31 AM,
jonnymacbrown Wrote:Hi Volcano Man! May I ask what changes you deemed necessary, or better said, what did you do to shift the game in another direction? Or would that entail giving away professional secrets? J

It would be too length to list it here, you just have to read all the notes documents in the particular _Alt pack. Each one has a rather lengthy document that lists all (or most) of the changes. :)
Send this user an email