• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Splitting infantry
12-05-2008, 08:22 PM,
RE: Splitting infantry
Also, bottom line, if it was that much of an advantage we'd all be doing it all the time, nobody likes to lose.
Quote this message in a reply
12-06-2008, 01:26 AM,
bluehand Wrote:It would be nice if there is a merged squad combat bonus/split squad minus in fire power. but I don't know if there is...

Oh yeah - the split squad has half the firepower - half of the arms firing.

I don't see it as something unfair as it is something you can also do if you want. I like the punch of the full squad and have less orders to give that way.

If Russian and hunting tanks I do try to split off the grenade throwers from the molotovs as the molotovs are useless.
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift
04-23-2009, 12:28 AM,
Also 1/2 squads can be fitted into jeeps, the quickest unit in the game. Now this may well be considered "gamey" but you do have to buy a lot of jeeps to even mount a platoon. For every advantage you can gain in this game there is an equivelant (although not necciserily equal) disadvantage.
05-30-2009, 05:28 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-30-2009, 05:29 PM by Bear.)
There is a scenario listed on the master scenario list: "H2H - The Streets of Stalingrad" that offers the German and Russian the tactical decision whether or not to split squads for offense, defense or scouting purposes. And the tanks will further test your skills. But both the Germans and Russians will have to cross the street...where, when and how?
Send this user an email