• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Poll: Would You Participate in a Scenario Design Contest
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Hell, yeah.
66.67%
4 66.67%
Nope
33.33%
2 33.33%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Scenario Design Contest-Gauging Interest
06-25-2009, 10:58 PM,
Scenario Design Contest-Gauging Interest
Joao Lima came up with the idea of having a SB Scenario Design Contest, and I have offered to host it here on the Blitz. Before we do a lot of leg-work, I'd like to find out from the community, just how many folks would be interested in such a contest.

This isn't a commitment, just trying to see if we'll have more than a person or two interested. The one rule we did discuss was that current members of the scenario design team, namely Joao, Ozgur and Mike Cox, would not be allowed to participate, since they are professionals. Now, if they'd like to enter for fun and not be formally judged to win a prize, that would be great and would add to the number of scenarios produced.

Take a couple of days to reply to the Poll and we'll see where we are next week so Joao and I can plan further.
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
Quote this message in a reply
06-26-2009, 05:28 AM,
RE: Scenario Design Contest-Gauging Interest
I'm interested, as I'm sure you know. Are there any potential rules or categories?

I'm a hussar, I'm a Hun,  I'm a wretched Englishman
Routing Bonaparte at Waterloo
I'm a dragoon on a dun, I'm a Cossack on the run
I'm a horse soldier, timeless, through and through

Corb Lund - Horse Soldier, Horse Soldier

06-26-2009, 06:15 AM,
Mad_Dog Wrote:I'm interested, as I'm sure you know. Are there any potential rules or categories?

Easy killer, let's see how many folks are interested before we go any further. We'll need a good number to really make this worth while.

I told Rich Hamilton that he should offer up a map editor as the 1st prize and we'd probably get 1000 people entering the contest! Had I been in close proximity to him, I'm sure I would have gotten punched in the arm.

:)
06-26-2009, 12:17 PM,
Indeed. That's all we are lacking!!:hissy:
07-01-2009, 02:45 AM,
The poll is set for two weeks, and seeing the responses here and on GameSquad so far, I'm not all that encouraged about sponsoring a Design Contest. Joao and I had a number much larger than 4-5 folks that we've seen in total, to make it truly worth-while. Two of those folks are already main designers for the SB series, so they wouldn't really be able to participate, at least not in a way that they would be judged on the same plane as the non-professional types.

I'll keep the poll open to see if others might be enticed into joining up. I had a feeling that the numbers would be small. Good scenario design is a time-consuming thing. Most members would rather play than spend time on this. Some folks might argue that lack of a formal map editor is the reason, but I don't believe that it would make that much of a difference, to be honest. It might allow folks to tinker a bit more with things, but I truly wouldn't expect a tidal wave of new content if one were available.
07-02-2009, 09:36 AM,
sign me up