• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

river supply question
06-25-2009, 02:28 PM,
river supply question
Hello. It's my understanding that supply can be only traced over a bridge(either one in game or made by a engineer). So how does one get supply over a river in a sector of a front that does not have a bridge engineers? I have some engineers that can remove mines and have noticed if they are near a bridge, an unit can cross the river, but only in travel mode. However, you cannot trace supply across river. The scenario I am talking about in particular is the "6th Panzer Breakthrough" in M41. The german southern division can cross the Vop river eventually, but seemingly with no supply.
Quote this message in a reply
06-25-2009, 03:37 PM,
RE: river supply question
If you are referring to engineers being able to ferry infantry across the river in little assault boats, then the answer is....
Yes, you will have supply as long as your infantry on the far bank stays next to the engineer who ferried them across. This movement was not for conducting advances, but to form a bridgehead on the far bank to cover the bridge engineers while constricting the bridge.

If you do not have any bridge building engineers, then you will need to link up with another established bridgehead (in the center of the map for the scenario you mention) or go without supply.

Good luck.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
Quote this message in a reply