• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

WSF command range heads up!
06-24-2009, 05:16 AM,
WSF command range heads up!
Guys,
For anyone playing this new title here is a tip that is not covered in the rules, WSF has "blocked" hexsides which i have found also block the command radius of a HQ just like a ZOC does!! :(

Came as a big shock when half of my force was found to be "detached" on my second move! :hissy:

If anyone who has TFB reads this can they tell me if there are any blocked (non beach) hexsides in that title?? :chin:
Quote this message in a reply
06-24-2009, 09:34 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-24-2009, 09:34 AM by Glenn Saunders.)
RE: WSF command range heads up!
There are many Blocked Beach Hexsides on the master map - for instance between the area from GOLD beach to OMAHA in Normandy for instance. Not sure what scn you were playing where it became a problem but you could send me the file if you lke.

Also - not sue how Command range figures into this map thing either
Send this user an email
06-26-2009, 08:00 AM,
File sent.............:chin:
06-26-2009, 11:30 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-26-2009, 11:30 AM by Glenn Saunders.)
File recieved - showed units 4 and 5 hexes away from an HQ with a Command range of 6.

One of the effects or Modifications to Command range as defined inthe DOCs is
• The command radius of a headquarters unit Effectiveness. That is, if the Effectiveness of
50%, then its command radius is only 50% of nominal. • When a headquarters is Entrained or Embarked, its command radius.

In this example the HQ has 80% effectiveness.
80% of 6 is 4.8 and as per Johns way of handling fractions in the game - it is normally FRD or Fractions rounded down so the effective command range of the HQ unit is 4 hexes

Glenn
Send this user an email
06-26-2009, 10:07 PM,
Hey Glenn,

does the command range button on the menu bar show the reduced range when clicked?
06-27-2009, 01:21 AM,
Glenn Saunders Wrote:File recieved - showed units 4 and 5 hexes away from an HQ with a Command range of 6.

One of the effects or Modifications to Command range as defined inthe DOCs is
• The command radius of a headquarters unit Effectiveness. That is, if the Effectiveness of
50%, then its command radius is only 50% of nominal. • When a headquarters is Entrained or Embarked, its command radius.

In this example the HQ has 80% effectiveness.
80% of 6 is 4.8 and as per Johns way of handling fractions in the game - it is normally FRD or Fractions rounded down so the effective command range of the HQ unit is 4 hexes

Glenn
Ah, thank you very much Glenn, so the possible issue here is that the HQ counter shows 6 hex range even when the effectiveness is less than 100% (reducing the range) and the second issue is that i did not check the HQ effectiveness before i asked the question!! LOL :rolleyes: