• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

"Capture The Flag"
06-16-2009, 02:06 AM,
"Capture The Flag"
Also on my Squad Battles “wish list” would be a series of scenarios that are along the lines of the game “Capture The Flag”. Most SB scenarios are set up with one side clearly being the attacker and the other being the defender. From a pure gaming standpoint, I think it would be a lot of fun to play a series of scenarios in which both sides are set up with essentially the same amount of firepower (though it could be of varying types) and have similar objectives. To prevent inertia, neither sides would have objectives to defend, but rather there would be one or more objectives in the middle of the map that both sides would vie to acquire. I might suggest these be fictitious scenarios, so as not to get bogged down by trying to make them historically accurate, as the primary goal would be to have both sides similarly impelled to go on the offensive despite having relatively even firepower.

I think this would add an interesting dimension to the game-play and it also might be great for tournament play as well, since the scenarios should be inherently well-balanced. Just some food for thought...

Bill
Quote this message in a reply
06-16-2009, 05:13 AM,
RE: "Capture The Flag"
I agree, something like a Combat Mission Meeting Engagement would be a lot of fun. It wouldn't be too difficult to implement, just pick a good looking map, and throw some units on it, that is basically how a CM Quick Battle works. IronX's Cold War mod would be great for this...

I'm a hussar, I'm a Hun,  I'm a wretched Englishman
Routing Bonaparte at Waterloo
I'm a dragoon on a dun, I'm a Cossack on the run
I'm a horse soldier, timeless, through and through

Corb Lund - Horse Soldier, Horse Soldier

06-23-2009, 11:48 AM,
RE: "Capture The Flag"
Here is a meeting engagement between two light infantry companies with a small amount of support. It needs to be played head to head, if someone tries it, and gets an error please let me know, I'll correct it.

Capture the Flag I

I'm a hussar, I'm a Hun,  I'm a wretched Englishman
Routing Bonaparte at Waterloo
I'm a dragoon on a dun, I'm a Cossack on the run
I'm a horse soldier, timeless, through and through

Corb Lund - Horse Soldier, Horse Soldier