• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

TFB Alt scenario test
06-17-2009, 03:35 AM,
Thumbs_Up  TFB Alt scenario test
Hi guys,

I have designed an Alt scenario for TFB. In fact it is not an original design, but I have only joined the Denmark and Norway invasion scenarios into a single one...

I have tested the scenario IA vs IA and decide a draw victory level, but I need to test it H2H.

It could be great to add the Denmark and Norway invasions to the BENELUX and France campaign into a monster 1940 west front campaign, but it's not possible because of map restrictions...

I have uploaded the scenario to de H2H section (I'm not sure to have done it well...), anyway if there is someone interested at testing it I can send the scenario to him via e-mail. Just send me an e-mail or answer this post.

Also if someone want to test it against me it could be great... it's a long time since I have played my last TFB game, but I'll try to do my best.
Quote this message in a reply
06-17-2009, 05:42 AM,
RE: TFB Alt scenario test
Been years since I played TFB also Sergio but I loved the system when it came out and would therefore be glad to help you test this. We can be awful together ;)

Send me an email and we'll get a test out of the way for H2H.
06-17-2009, 07:21 AM,
RE: TFB Alt scenario test and other WIE stuff
Hi Sergio ...long time no speaky!

Its also been a while since I last spent any decent time looking at TFB/WIE

I'd like to take a look at the scenario before commiting to the test if its OK with you.

As the holder of the bragging rights following the first (and only!) TFB tourney, you can be sure I'll cast a good objective eye on it ;), - so I would be obliged if you could send it to me at your convienience

I'm looking forward to having a good skeg at it, it sounds very interesting

On a slightly separate subject - has anybody found anything to do with "Strateagic Objectives" yet ? ;- and is it only me that feels the interface needs adjustment to bring it into line with PzC/MC - eg - we need a hotkey for "available movement 'to' hexes", and that the menu button for supply ranges shows "ultimate potential " range, not "actual" range from a supply source - amongst other things?

I also think the user guide(s) need some serious work.....particularly in the explaination of supply, and supply ranges from the various types of source; and the detail of how/which is the best way to influence combat ratios
I'm not after getting into a row or a massive convulatated discussion - these are genuine issues as I see them, that prevent people from fully understanding the game (me included) and enjoying/playing it properly.

Clearly its a system that is a "work in progress" with a massive amount of potential, and I am a big fan - but I like to know what each unit, does, can do, and may be able to do;- and the presentation of the system at the moment precludes anything other than a very vague, intuitive feel and approach, which I believe may put a lot of people off the game and system before it really gets off the gound.

Wow - it started off as a request for a scenario to be tested, now I'm beginning to sound like the proberbial "Grumpy" - sorry

Sergio - Email to the usual place please - or post if stuck

Best wishes to all

Regards

Chris
06-17-2009, 08:01 AM,
OK i have moved Sergio's scenario to the OpS H2H page and you can DL it from here....... TFB H2H scenario

If you start a test can one of you register it at this page by clicking Start Testing at the scenario listing and entering your opponents user. ;)
07-06-2009, 03:21 AM,
Did anyone start to test this??

If so can they let me know please.....:)
07-06-2009, 03:29 PM,
At the moment I only have tried this scenario against the AI...

Regards
07-06-2009, 05:05 PM,
OK lets see if i can whip up some interest?? Big Grin
07-06-2009, 10:50 PM,
That could be great!

I have updated the scenario:

Now there are only one HQ for the whole operation.
Denmark troops will be withdrawn after some turns, in order not to use them in Norway, but only to surrender Denmark.

Any other advice will be appreciated.

Regards.