• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Advanced Tactics?
06-15-2009, 05:12 AM,
Advanced Tactics?
Excuse me, why isnt advanced tactics WWII on the ladder?This is a great games and would benefit for the blitz.
Quote this message in a reply
06-15-2009, 05:14 AM,
RE: Advanced Tactics?
Which ladder would it be placed in? (That it most closely fits in scoring and playing time.)
How many players would play it?

And, have you contacted club officers concerning it?

RR
06-15-2009, 06:43 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-15-2009, 06:44 AM by Panzer VI.)
The ''Tactics'' Ladder?

If you were to make this new ladder, you can use People's Tactics and Advanced Tactics on the ladder.

There seems to be plenty of players on Matrix forums(Infact, even more active than the Campaign Series forums on Matrix).Vic (The designer of Advanced Tactics) could be am officer as well.
06-15-2009, 09:30 AM,
Zeke (may I call you that?), we (the staff) discussed Advanced Tactics a few months back and the biggest issue we had with it was trying to work out a scoring mechanism for it because you can have up to 9 players and the victory levels are not as cut and dry as they are in a CS or a PzC game (for example). Odd scoring games play havoc with the way the ladders are currently scored at the Blitz, so for the time being the idea of introducing it was shelved. And to be honest there has been no mention by anyone asking for it (until your post) so we didn't feel any pressure to work too hard incorporating it.

Now, I have played People's Tactics (the free version that preceded AT) and I agree it's a fine game and worthy of inclusion some where if people are wanting to play it. The redesign that is currently under way for the website will make some changes in the ladder structure that will permit AT and PT to be included and if more players speak up that they would be interested in supporting it, it could be added at that time.

Paul
06-15-2009, 09:46 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-15-2009, 09:46 AM by Panzer VI.)
You can call my Zeke if you want.

Yea, I was kind of wondering how random games would be put into the ladder.However, I think you are right about the problems with these games on the ladder.With that said, it's sad that these 2 great great wargames(Peoples tactics and Advanced Tactics) can't be on the ladder.