• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Problem With AIW Mod
06-14-2009, 12:37 AM,
Problem With AIW Mod
Can't seem to get this installed to run. SAW is updated to ver 1.01, I made a copy of the SAW folder within the HPS Sims folder (the copy is named "Copy of Soviet-Afghan War").

Run the mod installer, it seems to install fine. But the original SAW folder remains (in it's original state), even though I do get the new AIW folder. I click the AIW icon on desktop (or the .exe within folder) and the associated file cannot be found.

Any ideas?
Quote this message in a reply
06-14-2009, 02:21 AM,
RE: Problem With AIW Mod
For me to get it to work it had to be installed in the default folder (Program Files/HPS/Soviet-Afghan War). Try uninstalling everything, and working it again from scratch, it took me 2 tries to get it.

I'm a hussar, I'm a Hun,  I'm a wretched Englishman
Routing Bonaparte at Waterloo
I'm a dragoon on a dun, I'm a Cossack on the run
I'm a horse soldier, timeless, through and through

Corb Lund - Horse Soldier, Horse Soldier

06-14-2009, 08:42 AM,
Is it supposed to create it's own folder "Arab-Israeli Wars Mod"? Because mine did.

So, following the instructions, I now have the first "SAW" folder from the original install. Then I made a copy (residing in my HPS sims folder with all my other SB games). After running the mod it builds a new folder named Arab-Israeli Wars.

So now, I have the original SAW, the copy of SAW, and the new AIW folder. Is this how it is supposed to be?

So is the original SAW folder still viable or can it be deleted? I can't rename the copied SAW folder while the original still is in the HPS folder.

I am usually not this dense about this stuff.
06-14-2009, 09:01 AM,
It doesn't matter where you install the mod to as long as it contains a full SAW installation, sounds like you installed AIW in a separate folder instead of on top of SAW.

Make a copy of the Soviet-Afghan War, rename it Arab-Israeli Wars and run the mod program, checking that the files are properly installed in the new folder instead of somewhere else.
06-14-2009, 10:06 AM,
It overwrote my original SAW folder. THen to reinstall SAW, I had to first uninstall it from the control panel, then a reinstall, and everything worked fine.

I'm a hussar, I'm a Hun,  I'm a wretched Englishman
Routing Bonaparte at Waterloo
I'm a dragoon on a dun, I'm a Cossack on the run
I'm a horse soldier, timeless, through and through

Corb Lund - Horse Soldier, Horse Soldier

06-14-2009, 10:31 AM,
Both AIW and LW should over-write your SAW folder. Mad Dog is correct, you need to formally un-install SAW, then re-install and re-patch it for optimal conditions, especially when it comes to playing SAW then. I've had issues with some sound files in SAW, then just uninstalled and re-installed to solve the problem.

It's the only truly frustrating thing about these Mods is that you need to do this, and oftentimes it doesn't always work on the first shot.
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
06-14-2009, 07:43 PM,
let me know when you install it right for a little action on your free time :)

i was surprised when i found the Mod, it is awesome, it simulate a lot of what i see at home ;)
Dany "BigBlock" Sakr
Beirut / Lebanon
Send this user an email
06-15-2009, 01:18 AM,
Thumbs_Up  RE: Problem With AIW Mod
Ok...got 'er up and running and played a quick "familiarization" scenario against the AI.

Wow! This is one stellar piece of work, which makes buying SAW an even better purchase...two great games for the price of one.

I love: The more pronounced elevation shading...it makes the map easier to read; the sound effects...perfect; the new "icons" (on ground, pinned, demoralized, etc). Way less cluttered looking and an easier visual to read; the unit art and color palette.

There will be much more that I like as I play, these are just initial impressions of the mod. Very professional.

I will be taking on a couple of AIW and a couple SAW as soon as I wrap up the 4 games I have running atm.
:bow:
06-15-2009, 01:56 AM,
Riley D. Smith Wrote:Ok...got 'er up and running and played a quick "familiarization" scenario against the AI.

Wow! This is one stellar piece of work, which makes buying SAW an even better purchase...two great games for the price of one.

I love: The more pronounced elevation shading...it makes the map easier to read; the sound effects...perfect; the new "icons" (on ground, pinned, demoralized, etc). Way less cluttered looking and an easier visual to read; the unit art and color palette.

There will be much more that I like as I play, these are just initial impressions of the mod. Very professional.

I will be taking on a couple of AIW and a couple SAW as soon as I wrap up the 4 games I have running atm.
:bow:

Andrew's graphic work is superb, and Ozgur's scenarios are also quite good. I've had a man go down in the AIW tourney, you care to take his place for Round 2, which will probably start in a couple of weeks?
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
06-15-2009, 02:28 AM,
In the immortal words (supposedly) of Doc Holliday...."I'm your huckleberry".

Let me know what you need me to do.