• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Extra ToD Scenarios....
06-12-2009, 11:46 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-12-2009, 11:47 AM by Mad_Dog.)
Extra ToD Scenarios....
This might be old news, but I thought I was pretty smart when I discovered it. Go into the campaign folder (in your ToD folder) and cut and paste the files into the ToD folder. This will let you select the campaign scenarios from within the main program. They all look pretty good; Riley D. Smith and I are playing the Air Cavalry campaign, and the battles are small, short and a lot of fun.

BigRed: Thanks for the gift.;)

I'm a hussar, I'm a Hun,  I'm a wretched Englishman
Routing Bonaparte at Waterloo
I'm a dragoon on a dun, I'm a Cossack on the run
I'm a horse soldier, timeless, through and through

Corb Lund - Horse Soldier, Horse Soldier

Quote this message in a reply
06-12-2009, 02:06 PM,
RE: Extra ToD Scenarios....
you can do that with all the games that come with campaigns
06-12-2009, 07:52 PM,
But the ToD ones aren't listed in the main program (unlike SAW and WW), which is too bad, since they have some good ones among them. This will let you choose any single one without opening up the campaign front end.

06-12-2009, 10:48 PM,
Good catch, Mad Dog, I hadn't realized you could do this. It's also great to see TOD getting some love. I think it was one of the overlooked games in the SB series coming so close on the heels of VN. Had this game been released in the last couple of years, with the new design team and improved engine in place, it could have been an absolute masterpiece.

I've been toying with trying my hand at some scenario design with TOD, but I'm struggling to find the time to do it with two really little kids...

As for the bonus points, you're very welcome. Thanks for helping out with the addition of scenarios into the database.
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
06-13-2009, 01:47 AM,
Mad_Dog Wrote:........They all look pretty good; Riley D. Smith and I are playing the Air Cavalry campaign, and the battles are small, short and a lot of fun......

I am indeed having fun...however I think my sappers on the receiving end of those AH-1 Cobra gunships would disagree with me....ha. Those 2.5 inch rockets are murder.
06-13-2009, 01:55 AM,
In SCW they are also listed in the main folder.
06-13-2009, 08:45 AM,
Riley D. Smith Wrote:I am indeed having fun...however I think my sappers on the receiving end of those AH-1 Cobra gunships would disagree with me....ha. Those 2.5 inch rockets are murder.

All I can say is thank god for the rockets.:bow:

06-13-2009, 09:41 AM,
Well, I'll be dipped!

Thanks, Mad Dog! Good catch!
Send this user an email
06-19-2009, 11:41 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-19-2009, 12:00 PM by Mad_Dog.)
Riley and I just finished up the second Miller campaign scenario. At 8 turns, it was very tight.

I had 1 platoon in UH-1s, 2 Cobras, and a Loach. With 3 widely spaced VPs at 10 points each, and 40 points required for a major victory, I had to drop a squad in each VP and count on my Cobras to support them.
[Image: HotLZPic1.jpg]

When the VC showed up, they concentrated on the northern VP. The squad was under heavy fire, ending the battle with only 2 men, but my Cobras were able to keep the VC pinned, only allowing one assault. I just scraped up 40 points for a major, even after losing almost an entire squad and 2 choppers.
[Image: HotLZPic2.jpg]

A really fun scenario, by the man himself, John Tiller. This Miller campaign is providing some of my favourites.