• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

NO GERMANS! - Soviet AAR/DAR section
06-15-2009, 03:08 AM,
RE: NO GERMANS! - Soviet AAR/DAR section
The center battle is over. Jonny withdrew at turn 23. Appears he had no antitank guns at all or they were placed on the flanks. I merely blasted each objective to rubble and moved infantry in. So, I presume the center map is ours.
Quote this message in a reply
06-15-2009, 05:17 AM,
Well done herroberst. I'm doing that now, albeit belatedly. What kind of losses did you incur?
06-15-2009, 05:25 AM,
Neglible losses: 1 T-70, maybe a dozen infantry.
06-15-2009, 05:49 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-15-2009, 05:55 AM by Ratzki.)
Once the other player announces a withdrawl, you have 5 turns left to play, then both players must hit the ceasefire button. Each player will send me the last turn along with their respective passwords and I will look over the map and the forces of both players. The player initiating the withdraw order will loose the whole map(most of it at least as things may be influenced somewhat by a battle that is close by. The withdrawing side may loose none, some or all of their heavy weapons depending on the situation.
More instructions to follow as more battles wind up.
06-15-2009, 09:00 AM,
Yes, that is what we did.
06-16-2009, 03:37 PM,
Turn 19 on the left of the North Battle, and I've dropped one of the factory sections, and finally have a German squad in sight. The SMG company is making steady progress, with the occasional squad pinning, but quickly rallying. This is no doubt aided by the arrival of my 6 T-34s!

[Image: LeftFlankafter19minutes.png]
06-16-2009, 04:20 PM,
At 22 minutes I order my T-70s to area-fire a building that I think is harbouring some mgs...

[Image: Centreafter22minutes.png]

However, the crack of an ATG fills the steppe, and the 2nd shot knocks out one of them...

[Image: NorthMapafter22minutes-T-70koed.png]

And then the T-70 HQ tank is targeted - not looking good!

[Image: NorthMapafter22minutes-HQkoedqq.png]

Fortunately it reverses out of los just in time, and less than a minute later a 50mm mortar knocks it out!

[Image: Gundestroyedbymortar.png]

cheers
06-16-2009, 04:22 PM,
Meanwhile, my centre rifle platoon resumes its stroll through the gully, which now conveniently bends to the west. If this keeps up, they may be able to get to one of the big flags at the far end of the map in the 5 remaining minutes...

[Image: CentreRifleplatoonat24minutes.png]
06-18-2009, 04:03 PM,
I almost lose a precious T-34 by getting too close to the rubble of the factory - I thought I had given 30m clearance, but obviously not:jaw:

[Image: T-34hit.png]

Fortunately it "bounced off," and I'm hoping the offending German squad was driven off...but a valuable lesson learned!
06-18-2009, 10:26 PM,
The germans might have other than grenade bundles but I don't know if you can through those further or not. I don't think they have shreks or fausts in this time period.