• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

NO GERMANS! - Soviet AAR/DAR section
06-14-2009, 12:57 PM,
RE: NO GERMANS! - Soviet AAR/DAR section
If anyone starts to get slow file returns without reason, let me know, I do not want to have things get bogged down. I plan on keeping up with what is going on here and will check in a couple times a day. I am not targetting anyone, just posted the same for the Germans.
I am reminding both sides that they/you can call for a ceasefire if they/you feel that they/you have completed the objectives for the battle. The 35 turns are just a maximum time limit, that's all. It takes 5 turns to withdraw from a battle but both sides can agree to ceasfire with the ground that they hold at present.
Quote this message in a reply
06-14-2009, 01:46 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-14-2009, 02:37 PM by Combat Wombat.)
Thumbs_Up  RE: NO GERMANS! - Soviet AAR/DAR section
we are getting the action happening down south .. but Gun ! damn light gun has opened up on a T70 that ignored orgers to stay on the right side of the tree line . Kept him going and a mate for cover but he is a goner. . gun damaged the gun of another T70 and now it is time for th t34s to exact revenge
[img][Image: Gun.png][/img]

[img][Image: gun2.png][/img]
06-14-2009, 02:52 PM,
Bad luck! At least its just some T-70s. Do you have any of the 50mm mortars that can area fire that gun?
06-14-2009, 03:59 PM,
yep and he is covering the right side of the tree line with the rest of the support weapons ! .. there is a T70 sitting back with the T34s that can now start peppering that ares. Will look at moving troops up the tree line to engage troops hidden within ..
06-14-2009, 04:41 PM,
Good luck getting that gun - should only take a minute with the 3 T-34s able to fire on it. Do you have a rough idea of how much infantry he has at that crossroads?
06-14-2009, 05:32 PM,
After 16 minutes, I run into MG fire on my left, and manage to damage a factory in the centre, but still my SMG company takes concentrated fire :conf:

[Image: Overviewafter16minutes.png]

My rifle platoon working its way through the gully comes across a foxhole - is it occupied by some stealthy tank hunter team? Lets find out!

[Image: RightFlankafter16minutes.png]
06-14-2009, 05:39 PM,
This is interesting - I finally get a sound contact on my extreme left;

[Image: LeftFlankafter16minutes-B.png]

but a few seconds later it changes to this;

[Image: LeftFlankafter16minutes-A.png]

Are there 2 MGs or squads pinning my guys, or is the AI giving me 2 false readings? And in the 2nd screenie, the sound contact is indicating that it is firing through the near factory - obviously impossible, so I have to assume there is at least 1 unit in that factory directly ahead of my rifle platoon. Fortunately my T-34s are coming into range...
06-14-2009, 06:14 PM,
I'm going to plaster that factory where I think he has an MG or infantry squad - I'll send one of my squads forward with move-to-contact at the same time, and see if that makes any difference...

[Image: LeftFlankafter17minutes-B.png]
06-14-2009, 06:16 PM,
And regarding that foxhole on my right, after a minute of area fire with my lmg and another squad sauntering past, there is no activity, so it must be vacant...

[Image: RightFlankafter17minutes.png]
06-14-2009, 06:30 PM,
:rolleyesBig Grinid I say that foxhole was empty? A bleeding section HQ takes out 4 of my guys, and it's still going! That's what one gets for assuming things!

[Image: RightFlankafter18minutes.jpg]