• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

New Game on the Way
06-09-2009, 03:38 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-09-2009, 04:47 AM by Riley D. Smith.)
New Game on the Way
Finally ordered Soviet-Afghan War and I should be receiving it this week sometime. I'll certainly be looking for a couple of games as soon as I get her loaded (and get the AIW mod installed as well).

Also...be looking for my AAR coming soon. I am just about finished with the nastiest little meat-grinder of a scenrio as I have ever played. "Pavlov's House - ASL Version" against the famed NikB. I am the Germans, he has the Russians. I have never had a battle hinge so closely on leadership (not mine...the OOB leaders), firepower, attrition, and luck (or lack thereof) on the battlefield. We have wavered at a draw for more than half of the game and it still could go either way.

I am going to write this AAR either as a first person narrative from the German commanding officers viewpoint or from the viewpoint of the two tank (mobile assault guns actually) commanders who witnessed this horrible "human wave" street assault from opposite ends of the fighting...one of them looking straight down the street on the left flank and one on the right flank.

This is the kind of assault that no field commander wants to make, but when the order came down...he could only chomp on his cigar and curse as he knew what the cost in lives taking that damnable house was going to be.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pavlov's_House

I had no idea how closely this scenario actually resembled the actual saga of Pavlov's house. Interesting background info.
Quote this message in a reply
06-09-2009, 03:46 AM,
RE: New Game on the Way
Riley D. Smith Wrote:Finally ordered Soviet-Afghan War and I should be receiving it this week sometime. I'll certainly be looking for a couple of games as soon as I get her loaded (and get the AIW mod installed as well).

The comptroller finally authorize the necessary fund re-allocation for this one, Riley?

;)
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
06-09-2009, 04:13 AM,
Actually I just decided that it was going to be easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission. Ha.

I am feeding a buddies dog this week so I am using a couple of bucks he slid my way to fund the game.

I'm such a wuss. Ha.:rolleyes:
06-10-2009, 02:43 AM,
can't wait for the AAR. Its a shame we dont have more of them. I guess no one want give our there tactics.

I would post my own but feel they wont as interesting being a new player.
06-13-2009, 07:18 AM,
Got my copy of SAW in the mail today. And I am stuck here at work until 1900 chomping at the bit. Ha.

I'll get her installed and play a couple of quick "familiarization" games against the AI to get a feel for the new weapons/tactics/terrain.

Then I'll get the AIW mod installed and by manana I'll be rocking two more PBEM's.