• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Poll: Should DBP be the next Blitz SB Tourney
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, let's go with the latest game
42.86%
6 42.86%
Let's open it up to a vote first
57.14%
8 57.14%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

The Next Blitz SB Tourney?
06-08-2009, 10:50 PM,
The Next Blitz SB Tourney?
After the AIW Tourney Wraps up in a couple of months, should the next tourney be the latest game to be released, Dien Bien Phu, or should we open it up to all potential games like last time?
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
Quote this message in a reply
06-08-2009, 11:20 PM,
RE: The Next Blitz SB Tourney?
Fortunately, we now have many SB titles based on a wide historical time frame to enjoy - though I doubt everyone has every title. Some theaters or historical time periods might not be preferred by the individual.

Perhaps some thought should be given to running dual tourneys.
06-08-2009, 11:43 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-08-2009, 11:47 PM by TheBigRedOne.)
Rook Wrote:Fortunately, we now have many SB titles based on a wide historical time frame to enjoy - though I doubt everyone has every title. Some theaters or historical time periods might not be preferred by the individual.

Perhaps some thought should be given to running dual tourneys.

Welcome Rook. You should join the SB Ladder, I noticed you are not currently on there.

Getting a tourney up and running requires a fair amount of time, especially on the front end. Two at once would be somewhat difficult to do, unless someone else wanted to step up to organize and run one.

Bottom line, I don't have the the free time to run two simultaneously, but if someone else would be willing to invest that time, it could be doable.
06-16-2009, 12:34 AM,
Bump. Keep the votes coming in.
06-25-2009, 03:47 AM,
Bump.
06-25-2009, 04:41 AM,
I voted to go with the latest game mainly because I think it would show our support as part of the SB community towards HPS' continued efforts in advancing the Squad Battles series.
06-25-2009, 06:12 AM,
I'll play if next one is an official Hps Squad Battles
06-25-2009, 07:00 AM,
I have an idea for a Capture the Flag tourney, like Rabbit suggesting in anothe thread. I'm building some scenario for it in AIW and Rabbit and I are currently running through one of them. Hopefully it wouldbe ready to go in a few months, both of us are pretty busy. Here is the first scenario if anyone else wants to play a game, and give another opinion for the testing, which would be much appreciated. http://abramh.free0host.com/scenarios/Ca...eFlagI.zip

Has to be done PBEM though...

I'm a hussar, I'm a Hun,  I'm a wretched Englishman
Routing Bonaparte at Waterloo
I'm a dragoon on a dun, I'm a Cossack on the run
I'm a horse soldier, timeless, through and through

Corb Lund - Horse Soldier, Horse Soldier

06-25-2009, 07:10 AM,
Mad_Dog Wrote:I have an idea for a Capture the Flag tourney, like Rabbit suggesting in anothe thread. I'm building some scenario for it in AIW and Rabbit and I are currently running through one of them. Hopefully it wouldbe ready to go in a few months, both of us are pretty busy. Here is the first scenario if anyone else wants to play a game, and give another opinion for the testing, which would be much appreciated. http://abramh.free0host.com/scenarios/Ca...eFlagI.zip

Has to be done PBEM though...

I like this idea, but I'd probably lean more towards a traditional one for the next tourney, which would give you more time to develop a couple of these types of scenarios for a multi-turn Capture the Flag tourney.

Joao Lima and I are collaborating right now on possibly getting a Scenario Design Contest rolling here as well. More on that to come....
06-25-2009, 07:21 AM,
TheBigRedOne Wrote:I like this idea, but I'd probably lean more towards a traditional one for the next tourney, which would give you more time to develop a couple of these types of scenarios for a multi-turn Capture the Flag tourney.

Joao Lima and I are collaborating right now on possibly getting a Scenario Design Contest rolling here as well. More on that to come....

They are actually pretty easy to design, with no historical restraints in the way. The hard part is finding a symetrical or otherwise balanced map.

A scenario design contest would be great. If you need a hand, I wouldn't mind being involved, as long as I could enter one as well.Big Grin

I'm a hussar, I'm a Hun,  I'm a wretched Englishman
Routing Bonaparte at Waterloo
I'm a dragoon on a dun, I'm a Cossack on the run
I'm a horse soldier, timeless, through and through

Corb Lund - Horse Soldier, Horse Soldier