• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

D-Day 6th of June
06-07-2009, 07:25 AM,
D-Day 6th of June
Surprised nobody mentioned this 65 years to the day.Glad i only play it in games and not the real thing especially Omaha where a lot of brave and scared men were no more.I salute them all and thanks for their effort.
Quote this message in a reply
06-07-2009, 07:36 AM,
RE: D-Day 6th of June
I didn't dare to mention the subject... But those brave Canadian, British and American soldiers will be always remenbered here...
As President Obama said during the ceremony "extraordinary actions from ordinary men" :bow:
Better red wine than dead
06-07-2009, 07:41 AM,
Correct and who know's how many of us would be here today if not for them.
06-07-2009, 08:43 AM,
Thumbs_Up  RE: D-Day 6th of June
My sincere thanks to the "greatest generation" for their service and sacrifice .
06-07-2009, 11:11 PM,
[Image: 800px-German_military_cemetary_norm.jpg]

Von Luck:

Thanks for starting a very appropriate forum.

Above you see a German cemetary in the Normandy area and I wanted to tip my hat to those brave men who stared down 5000 ships and 300,000 men point blank on those cliffs that day.

When I first discovered German cemetaries in France I was a bit perplexed, thinking the French would not want any of their invaders buried on their soil. Later I grew to see the sense of it, and realized that 65 years ago it was rare to move bodies long distances for burial.

Regards,

Dan
06-08-2009, 01:26 AM,
nikoda Wrote:I didn't dare to mention the subject... But those brave Canadian, British and American soldiers will be always remembered here...

Many brave French men and women in the resistance helped pave the way for that day Nico. They are worthy of our memories as well.

For all the dead, on both sides of that day of days, may God grant them eternal peace, and may perpetual light shine upon them.
06-09-2009, 08:55 AM,
How bizarre. I just clicked on this thread. I have a copy of Antony Beevors book 'D-Day' on the desk next to me which I bought two days ago.
It caught my eye in the shop and I hadn't even seen anything on telly or read anything about D-Day that day. I hadn't even thought about it. Actually thought I'd read it because I'd just got back into playing CS games.
It's only just now reading this thread I realise I bought the book ON the anniversary of D-Day. I started reading it the moment I got it home and didn't even twig 'til just now reading your posts.
Spooky or just coincidence? :chin:
"When you cannot make up your mind which of two evenly balanced courses of action you should take -- choose the bolder." General W.J. Slim